DS230 processing

Old May 18th 2009, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

DavidS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS230 processing

In Oct 08, I got married in the USA to a UCS. The I-130 was filed in the US at the Chicago lockbox and was approved.

I then paid the online fees for the Affidavit of Support and the DS-230. Both of these were sent with all the necessary police certificates, military record and tax returns etc to Portsmouth, NH. My wife is well above the poverty guidelines.

My wife was nominated as my agent and all the forms were annotated to reflect my US residence.

I am presently in the USA under the VWP and wish to know if, whilst the DS230 is being processed if I have to remain in the USA pending my interview and medical or can I stay in the US?

Regards

David
Old May 18th 2009, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: DS230 processing

Meant USC. lol
Old May 18th 2009, 6:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidS
Meant USC. lol
DS-230 will result in an immigrant visa interview at the US Embassy in London.
You need to go back to have that.

When you return, you'll be admitted as a Permanent Resident (green card) and will be ready to hit the ground running.
Old May 18th 2009, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks. Do you know roughly how long from Filing the DS-230 until you recieve an interview?
Old May 18th 2009, 6:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks. Do you know roughly how long from Filing the DS-230 until you recieve an interview?
What you want to do is call the NVC/National Visa Center (Portsmouth, you should have a contact number) and find out if your case is at "case complete". When it is, NVC will schedule the interview for you, although there is a lag of 'some time' (less than 2 months generally).
Call the NVC and find out where your case is first, and ask them for a ball park date on the interview scheduling. There is one person here who had case complete on May 8, but they missed the June interview scheduling.

All this stuff varies throughout the year; the Embassy has to balance different visa surges and of course summer holiday schedules. The Consular staff also turns over in August, so fingers crossed you're out before then.
Old May 18th 2009, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Nice info to have about the staff, thank you.

Also, lastly, the VWP is 90 days and I have never over-stayed my visits however, what options are open to me to extend as my wife is undergoing medica treatment and my step-daughter needs me in the USA.

David
Old May 18th 2009, 6:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, lastly, the VWP is 90 days and I have never over-stayed my visits however, what options are open to me to extend as my wife is undergoing medica treatment and my step-daughter needs me in the USA.

David
Unfortunately, none. There is no way to extend the VWP visit beyond 90 days.

Rene
Old May 18th 2009, 6:32 pm

David
There are no options, and you really do not want to overstay a VWP entry at this point. You are VERY close to completing your case. I'm sorry that the family is in turmoil right now but you really need to keep your eye on the bigger picture for your immigration. The consequences include never being able to immigrate to the US.
Old May 18th 2009, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

OK. Thanks to everyone. Take care.

David