DS230-I (part one) question

Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:50 am
Just Joined

axis667 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS230-I (part one) question

Hi all, I have a question regarding the filling out of the DS 230-I form, I know there used to be instructions for filling it out but ca't locate them anymore

Could someone please let me know if on sections 14 to 18 if I should be putting my fiancee's details, my ex-wife's (I'm divorced so I had to declare I have been married 1 times), or just put N/A???

It's confusing as I cannot find the step-by-step instructions that were there before...

Many thanks!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS230-I (part one) question

Originally Posted by axis667
Hi all, I have a question regarding the filling out of the DS 230-I form, I know there used to be instructions for filling it out but ca't locate them anymore

Could someone please let me know if on sections 14 to 18 if I should be putting my fiancee's details, my ex-wife's (I'm divorced so I had to declare I have been married 1 times), or just put N/A???

It's confusing as I cannot find the step-by-step instructions that were there before...

Many thanks!
Hi,

Q14 Is for spouse details - you are not married ( I presume ) so section 14 is all N/A.

Sections 15-18 are for the details of the father and mother of the person who is applying for the visa.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much, I will proceed with new-found confidence!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 2:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

a,

It should be obvious that you are not married, but I would answer these questions with 'no spouse' rather than 'N/A'. (Break the 'N/A habit' - there's always a short answer that's better in that it explains why the question is N/A in your situation.)

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

"N/A" is the abbreviation for Not Applicable. How is that question not applicable to you? You should answer all the questions as thoroughly as you can and misuse of N/A has caused problems for others in the past.

Does 'none' or 'not married' answer the question? (without me looking up the actual question)
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
"N/A" is the abbreviation for Not Applicable. How is that question not applicable to you? You should answer all the questions as thoroughly as you can and misuse of N/A has caused problems for others in the past.

Does 'none' or 'not married' answer the question? (without me looking up the actual question)
The only reason I say N/A is because that is what has been asked to be entered on the form if the question is not applicable to the applicant.

Personally, not being married, the question "name of spouse" is not applicable.