DS230 & DS2001 Questions

Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:46 am
Dorset Nearly Texas

foo fighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile DS230 & DS2001 Questions

Hi All,

I am a UKC with a USC wife and 4 children all living in the UK. The wife obviously has a US Passport and all of the children now have US passports.

I am filing through London on a DCF and have notification that the I130 was filed with the Embassy on 2 July 2004. However, I have not yet received Pack 3.

The DS-230 says that one copy of the form must be completed for "yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you."

I know this is a stupid question but I want to make sure that I do this right. Does that mean I need to complete 6 of these?

If so, I presume that I sign all 6 of them as applicant.

In respect of DS-230 Part II this seems to relate to issuance of a visa to an applicant and does not seem to apply to my wife and 4 children as they are already US citizens.

Do I have to complete 6 Part II's in my name as the applicant? or do I have to complete it in respect of my wife and children as individuals?

In respect of the DS2001 can I send this back without case number and will the visa unit be able to tie it up with the I130 without this?

I just can not wait to get through all this paperwork!

It's like who wants to be a millionaire - you know the answer but as the stakes are high, you just doubt yourself.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

All the best
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Nidwaldner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DS230 & DS2001 Questions

Since your wife and children are USC they are not "immigrating" so you only need one DS230I for yourself. Part II will be submitted at the actual interview (after you have submitted Part I) but perhaps UK consulate does it differently? For the DS2001, have you received notification of the your I130 petition has been approved yet? That should have your case number on it.

I presume you have your birth certificate, police report, marriage license and your wife is getting everything (tax forms, etc.) for the I-864 affidavit of support she must complete ready before you submit the DS2001.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:59 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foo fighter
Hi All,

I am a UKC with a USC wife and 4 children all living in the UK. The wife obviously has a US Passport and all of the children now have US passports.

I am filing through London on a DCF and have notification that the I130 was filed with the Embassy on 2 July 2004. However, I have not yet received Pack 3.

The DS-230 says that one copy of the form must be completed for "yourself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you."

I know this is a stupid question but I want to make sure that I do this right. Does that mean I need to complete 6 of these?

In respect of DS-230 Part II this seems to relate to issuance of a visa to an applicant and does not seem to apply to my wife and 4 children as they are already US citizens.

Do I have to complete 6 Part II's in my name as the applicant? or do I have to complete it in respect of my wife and children as individuals?

In respect of the DS2001 can I send this back without case number and will the visa unit be able to tie it up with the I130 without this?

It's like who wants to be a millionaire - you know the answer but as the stakes are high, you just doubt yourself.

All the best
Hey... just a reply from me... but since your wife and all the children are American citizens... I *think* you are the only one actually immigrating.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

half-pint is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

All the best
As of the 13th August the DHS in London is processing I-130 petitions that were filed on or before the 25th June 2004. This is why you are yet to get your packet 3 - shouldn't be long though.

The paperwork is for those people immigrating, that is you only.

Good luck
Ellie
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

All the best
Hi:

Many of the immigration defintions are found in section 101(a) of the Immigration & Nationality Act.

"Alien" is any person except U.S. citizens and nationals.

"Immigrant" is any alien except for specified non-immigrants.

I leave the rest of the exercise to the dear readers.

"The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:57 pm
Dorset Nearly Texas

Originally Posted by Nidwaldner
Since your wife and children are USC they are not "immigrating" so you only need one DS230I for yourself. Part II will be submitted at the actual interview (after you have submitted Part I) but perhaps UK consulate does it differently? For the DS2001, have you received notification of the your I130 petition has been approved yet? That should have your case number on it.

I presume you have your birth certificate, police report, marriage license and your wife is getting everything (tax forms, etc.) for the I-864 affidavit of support she must complete ready before you submit the DS2001.
Thanks Nidwaldner. I also did not know that Part II is taken to the interview. Notification not received yet as London are now processing I 130's received upto 25 June 2004. Looks like it will be just another couple of weeks.

Will get everything ready for then so can put my case number on the forms then.

I have already sent for my police report earlier this week and have the other documents ready. Therefore, I will not send the DS2001 until completely ready.

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:58 pm
Dorset Nearly Texas

Originally Posted by Noortje
Hey... just a reply from me... but since your wife and all the children are American citizens... I *think* you are the only one actually immigrating.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:00 pm
Dorset Nearly Texas

Originally Posted by half-pint
As of the 13th August the DHS in London is processing I-130 petitions that were filed on or before the 25th June 2004. This is why you are yet to get your packet 3 - shouldn't be long though.

The paperwork is for those people immigrating, that is you only.

Good luck
Ellie

Ellie,

Thanks for your reply and good luck for the 31 August!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:02 pm
Dorset Nearly Texas

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Many of the immigration defintions are found in section 101(a) of the Immigration & Nationality Act.

"Alien" is any person except U.S. citizens and nationals.

"Immigrant" is any alien except for specified non-immigrants.

I leave the rest of the exercise to the dear readers.

"The answer is easy if you take it logically." Paul Simon.
Folinskyinla,

Thank you for your reply