DS-230 Question 34 -- Any harm?

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

masri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-230 Question 34 -- Any harm?

I helped my wife fill out the DS-230, and I was wondering if answering YES to question 34 would cause us any sort of hassle in the future, especially at the consulate (Cairo):

Question 34:
Were you assisted in completeing this application?
(If answer is Yes, give name and address of person assisting you, indicating whether relative, friend, travel agent, attorney, or other)

Any experiences?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-230 Question 34 -- Any harm?

Originally posted by masri
I helped my wife fill out the DS-230, and I was wondering if answering YES to question 34 would cause us any sort of hassle in the future, especially at the consulate (Cairo):

Question 34:
(If answer is Yes, give name and address of person assisting you, indicating whether relative, friend, travel agent, attorney, or other)

Any experiences?
Hi masri,

I put Yes, put my name and address, and put "fiancee". Hopefully that doesn't cause a hassle....for either of us!

Rene
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 4:12 pm
Mtravelkay

masri wrote:

> I helped my wife fill out the DS-230, and I was wondering if answering
    > YES to question 34 would cause us any sort of hassle in the future,
    > especially at the consulate (Cairo):
    >
    > Question 34:
    > Were you assisted in
    > completeing this application?
    > (If answer is Yes, give name and address
    > of person assisting you, indicating whether relative, friend, travel
    > agent, attorney, or other)
    >
    > Any experiences?

Answer the question truthfully.

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:13 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

My husband filled the form out himself, so we didn't have to worry about that question. However, it shouldn't be a problem as long as you put your name and address.

Originally posted by masri

Question 34:

Any experiences?