Does RFE on AOS affect EAD or AP?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:47 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does RFE on AOS affect EAD or AP?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Smaug,

I don't believe you will get a receipt from USCIS acknowledging the response to the RFE. You probably won't hear anything until you get your appointment letter.

For the interim EAD, you can make the Infopass appointment now, for a day that will fall on the 91st day or after.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Just out of interest, does 90 days mean 90 days, or 90 working days (I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function is not working)?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Just out of interest, does 90 days mean 90 days, or 90 working days (I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function is not working)?
I've always understood it to be 90 calendar days.

BTW, it's also been mentioned that one shouldn't count the time from NOA date until getting biometrics done, when calculating the 90 days. So if you had a 14-day period between the NOA and the Biometrics, tack on 14 days to your 90-day waiting time. It's like the clock stops for processing, until Biometrics are done.

Rene
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Smaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond reputeSmaug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I've always understood it to be 90 calendar days.

BTW, it's also been mentioned that one shouldn't count the time from NOA date until getting biometrics done, when calculating the 90 days. So if you had a 14-day period between the NOA and the Biometrics, tack on 14 days to your 90-day waiting time. It's like the clock stops for processing, until Biometrics are done.

Rene
Hmm, that's the first time I've heard that. Do you know if there's a website with these laws on them, so I can read them directly?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smaug
Hmm, that's the first time I've heard that. Do you know if there's a website with these laws on them, so I can read them directly?

No there is nothing that I am aware of. But for the last seven plus years it has been calendar days. Weekends and holidays included.

However, you have to note that with the changing procedures within CIS, you might not get the interim EAD.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smaug
Regarding the "clock stop" until biometrics are done....no, I don't know any direct link. It's something Folinskyinla mentions in his posts on here.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Rete
However, you have to note that with the changing procedures within CIS, you might not get the interim EAD.
Rete,

Why might he not get the interim EAD, if he makes the infopass appointment and goes in at the appropriate time?

Rene