Do we need to replace the visa

Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

stress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nicestress_head is just really nice
Default Do we need to replace the visa

Not sure this is the right place to post but..

My wife has been in the uk for 9 years now and has a indefinate leave to remain visa in her passport but the passport runs out in Feb next year..question is we need to replace the passport but what do we do about the visa?? do we need to reapply for a new one or do we just keep the old passport and show that??

Thanks in advance...Phil
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we need to replace the visa

There is a group like this, but the other way 'round (what you need) at talk.uk-yankee.com IE, for American exapts in the UK.

Usually, one keeps the visa in the expired passport (which is returned to the holder) and she travels with two passports.. a current one, and the one with the visa in it. I don't kow ANY specifics for if/how this applies to your specific situation.

She could also consider naturalizing to UK citizenship now that she's been there so long.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we need to replace the visa

Um, I just noticed that your previous post has you petitioning and ready to move to the US.

If that is the case, she should think all the harder about naturalizing. It can come in handy.