do i really need a

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

astute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do i really need a

i went for my interview few days ago and on e of the reqrment by the adjudicator was that i have to file an i601
my case is kinda unique becse i had a removal or deportation case and this was rescinded by the immigration judge on my
i was caught working illegally and i got married after this incident i hired a lawyer and provided all evidence required the judge instructed me to file an i 130 which was approved and latter an i 485 and latter my removal case was dropped without prejudice. my wife is a us citizen
i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship i currently have a gut feeling that the adjudicator might have been wrong given that i did come to this country legally on an f1 and i though overstays are usually counted from the day you are aprehended
my presence has been legal for most of my life here about 11years and the only record i have is a DWI
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THEIR OPINIONS ON MY CASE or email me on [email protected]
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 8:35 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i really need a

Originally Posted by astute
i went for my interview few days ago and on e of the reqrment by the adjudicator was that i have to file an i601
my case is kinda unique becse i had a removal or deportation case and this was rescinded by the immigration judge on my
i was caught working illegally and i got married after this incident i hired a lawyer and provided all evidence required the judge instructed me to file an i 130 which was approved and latter an i 485 and latter my removal case was dropped without prejudice. my wife is a us citizen
i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship i currently have a gut feeling that the adjudicator might have been wrong given that i did come to this country legally on an f1 and i though overstays are usually counted from the day you are aprehended
my presence has been legal for most of my life here about 11years and the only record i have is a DWI
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE THEIR OPINIONS ON MY CASE or email me on [email protected]

Your post is extremely difficult to read, and thus it is extremely difficult to understand your situation and what you are asking.

Is your question about the I-601 waiver?

Is your question about how your criminal record in the US is going to affect your chances of successfully adjusting status?

Is your question about the fact that you entered on an F1 student visa and have now lived here for 11 years, have worked illegally and overstayed?

~ Jenney

ps. The time you overstayed did not start the day you were caught/apprehended. It started the moment you were no longer in a valid status. I'm surprised your lawyer didn't advise you of this.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

astute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Your post is extremely difficult to read, and thus it is extremely difficult to understand your situation and what you are asking.

Is your question about the I-601 waiver?

Is your question about how your criminal record in the US is going to affect your chances of successfully adjusting status?

Is your question about the fact that you entered on an F1 student visa and have now lived here for 11 years, have worked illegally and overstayed?

~ Jenney

ps. The time you overstayed did not start the day you were caught/apprehended. It started the moment you were no longer in a valid status. I'm surprised your lawyer didn't advise you of this.
my question is do i really have to file an i601 and does this concern my DWI
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Why are they asking for an I-601? You mention you have a lawyer -- why don't you aske her?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

my question is do i really have to file an i601...
If you don't file, you should be prepared to wave goodbye to your wife at the airport as you are removed from the US. You wrote, "i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship". It seems pretty clear to me that you should file it.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you don't file, you should be prepared to wave goodbye to your wife at the airport as you are removed from the US. You wrote, "i had my interview and was asked to file an i601 to prove extreme hardship". It seems pretty clear to me that you should file it.

Ian
Hmm. Odd. I didn't strike me that way, in fact, unless astute has omitted some information, I don't see a DWI as a reason for the AO requesting an I-601. Could it be related to the prior removal order? I wonder if he has the original lawyer that handled that case retained, or if that was some time ago.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
I don't see a DWI as a reason for the AO requesting an I-601.
I don't see the DWI as an issue either. I'm sure it's related, as you've noted, to the prior removal order... or perhaps the working illegally.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't see the DWI as an issue either. I'm sure it's related, as you've noted, to the prior removal order... or perhaps the working illegally.

Ian
Unauthorised work would be forgiven at AOS if married to a US citizen, wouldn't it?
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bionomique
Unauthorised work would be forgiven at AOS if married to a US citizen, wouldn't it?
I would have thought so also... unless it's the marriage that's at issue! Perhaps it's the unusually long overstay? Hard to say really.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:32 am
Nilda

In my case the Interviewer ask If I am working and when I said No she didnt asked more and I dont think overstaying will be an issue too getting caught is another story though... If they asked you to file a form why not file it... Better ask your lawyer too anyway, thats what hes getting paid for.

Good luck..

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/