do i need a lawyer

Old May 1st 2004, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

chevre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do i need a lawyer

hi, my brother and i came to US to find a place to live. he owed a lot of money, and left for ever, hopefully, and went to live with an aunt in south florida. I was lucky, the guy at the airport liked me cause his dad was from my country, so he gave me six months instead of 90 days.
my brother decided to try and marry someone good, so he found a paralegal, it took awhile, but she has really helped him a lot.
that took about 4 years to convince her.
i tried to marry even a girl, and we were going to vermont, but a lawyer said it would not pass, o.k.
so, i did find someone, and he did not know about me and my brother, so i told him what he just needed to know.
he was so much older, though, it drove me crazy, but my brother helped me wait it out.
i was so scared i might not get a card, i got my husband to buy us a car, so we could get a title, to show. and, i have a copy of the lease, where we lived.

i left him for the summer, after i got my tgc. i found someone
a little younger, and he has his own house.
i slept over, and we have a one year old girl, now.
i was afraid to let my husband divorce, and i wrote the service center to get more time, cause i would miss my i-751. they said i could have an extra month, or i would be removed in proceedings.

my husband found me, and said they called him to get some information about me, and my friends, and they know about my baby. then they said they made a mistake, because he never had enough money to file. (his mom paid for us, and he just used her money, but now its gone, so im glad i left, but thats his fault he spent it) i think they asked him to withdraw my petition, about a year after i got my tgc, cause i heard that from a friend.

i got my divorce, a few days ago. so do i need to take a lawyer,
if i have an interview for my i-751? or would that not look so good? how much would it cost? thx
Old May 1st 2004, 9:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do i need a lawyer

Originally posted by chevre
hi, my brother and i came to US to find a place to live. he owed a lot of money, and left for ever, hopefully, and went to live with an aunt in south florida. I was lucky, the guy at the airport liked me cause his dad was from my country, so he gave me six months instead of 90 days.
my brother decided to try and marry someone good, so he found a paralegal, it took awhile, but she has really helped him a lot.
that took about 4 years to convince her.
i tried to marry even a girl, and we were going to vermont, but a lawyer said it would not pass, o.k.
so, i did find someone, and he did not know about me and my brother, so i told him what he just needed to know.
he was so much older, though, it drove me crazy, but my brother helped me wait it out.
i was so scared i might not get a card, i got my husband to buy us a car, so we could get a title, to show. and, i have a copy of the lease, where we lived.

i left him for the summer, after i got my tgc. i found someone
a little younger, and he has his own house.
i slept over, and we have a one year old girl, now.
i was afraid to let my husband divorce, and i wrote the service center to get more time, cause i would miss my i-751. they said i could have an extra month, or i would be removed in proceedings.

my husband found me, and said they called him to get some information about me, and my friends, and they know about my baby. then they said they made a mistake, because he never had enough money to file. (his mom paid for us, and he just used her money, but now its gone, so im glad i left, but thats his fault he spent it) i think they asked him to withdraw my petition, about a year after i got my tgc, cause i heard that from a friend.

i got my divorce, a few days ago. so do i need to take a lawyer,
if i have an interview for my i-751? or would that not look so good? how much would it cost? thx
Obviously English is not your first language..and its a liitle difficult to understand.. Are you male or female... Have you filed your I-751
Old May 1st 2004, 9:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Obviously English is not your first language..and its a liitle difficult to understand.. Are you male or female... Have you filed your I-751

I gather that the OP would like us to think she is a female and sexually is bi-sexual as the first marriage for convenience she was contemplating was with another woman and she was under the impression that since Vermont will marry partners of the same sex that the federal government would recognize such marriage. When that didn't work out she opted for an older supposedly wealthy man but alas and alack that pot of gold was fools gold and apparently Mr. Older Then Dirt had not performed inadequately in bedroom athletics, so with no money to add to his attractiveness, she found a younger man to get it on with.

Apparently unaware that a tgc is actually a cgc (conditional rather than temporary) she is now looking to show the federal government the size of her middle finger.

Do we need to sound an alert? Note this post will not propogate to the Usenet. It is for our enjoyment only.

Rete
Old May 1st 2004, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

female. yes, i sent in the i-751 right away, and asked for a waiver
from having my husband also file with me.
there was a section about children, so i put mine down, and how it is a US citizen. it has my new boyfriends last name.
i sent in the lease, and the car title, in our names.
thx very much.
Old May 1st 2004, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

ok, rete. i will go... thx
Old May 1st 2004, 9:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Goddam ..I could see a 10 pager coming up there ....
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Goddam ..I could see a 10 pager coming up there ....
Ten pages of what? I didn't understand a word of that nonsense.
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Ten pages of different assumptions from a lot of people who didn't understand it but want to debate it anyway.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Leslie66
Ten pages of what? I didn't understand a word of that nonsense.
Old May 3rd 2004, 5:32 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Leslie,

Ten pages of different assumptions from a lot of people who didn't understand it but want to debate it anyway.

Regards, JEff

Oh!

In that case, I really hate that I missed it.
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:05 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Leslie,

Regards, JEff
You could put up a sign "Only for the Inner Circle of Regulars" or something to that effect. The crap that goes on here in the name of alt.visa.us.marriage-based on BE is beyond the pale. Things have sure changed around this place ...
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:09 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by Ranjini
You could put up a sign "Only for the Inner Circle of Regulars" or something to that effect. The crap that goes on here in the name of alt.visa.us.marriage-based on BE is beyond the pale. Things have sure changed around this place ...
Stop living in the past. Embrace the now.
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:13 pm
Banned

Stop living in the past. Embrace the now.
And you are, I suppose, the embodiment of the new order? Nope, don't have the time. I kind of sensed that something was different, and I hung around, nosed around and low and behold, the plot thickens!!
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:28 pm
WTF?

And you are, I suppose, the embodiment of the new order? Nope, don't have the time. I kind of sensed that something was different, and I hung around, nosed around and low and behold, the plot thickens!!

You take this NG crap pretty seriously, don't ya?
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:40 pm
Banned

You take this NG crap pretty seriously, don't ya?
I take it seriously to the extent that I draw the line at name-calling. And being called some pretty rude names at that.
If what I suspect is going on here, I don't believe I deserved that.
The only person I have been intentionally rude to without him being rude to me, is Matt Udall. Matt, if you are reading this, please forgive any transgressions on my part. The only reason I attacked you, is because I thought you were abusing your position as an Attorney on this newsgroup. Besides that I have don't have anything personal against you. I hope you can forgive me. This is as public an apology as I can make, and I hope you will accept it.
Ranjini
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:59 pm
WTF?

I take it seriously to the extent that I draw the line at name-calling. And being called some pretty rude names at that.
If what I suspect is going on here, I don't believe I deserved that.
The only person I have been intentionally rude to without him being rude to me, is Matt Udall. Matt, if you are reading this, please forgive any transgressions on my part. The only reason I attacked you, is because I thought you were abusing your position as an Attorney on this newsgroup. Besides that I have don't have anything personal against you. I hope you can forgive me. This is as public an apology as I can make, and I hope you will accept it.
Ranjini
No.

Actually you could (and should) start a thread titled: Public Apology to Matt Udall.

That would be a lot more public than trying to sneak it in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.