Do I need a cosponsor?

Old Apr 27th 2002, 9:10 pm
Shay-Ann Heiser

Default Do I need a cosponsor?

I have just this week sent off my petition and am trying to get the Affidavit of
Support materials together. I'm sort of in a strange position with my tax returns, as
I was not employed during 2001. I was out of the country for the entire year and
studying at a language school in India (where I met my fiancee) for 9 months of that
year. i can show tax returns for the three years prior to my year abroad (98,99,00)
all of which prove I met the income requirements by a long shot for those years. I
can also show a return for 2001, but, since I only received pay for 2 wks in that
year, it is well below the requirement. If I can provide a letter from an employer (a
new one, since I just got back..), will I need to have a cosponsor lined up? I can
also show a copy of the certificate I received from the school...

Thanks!

Old Apr 28th 2002, 12:10 am
Terry Moore-Rea

Default Re: Do I need a cosponsor?

It depends on your INS officer - ours was happy with the letter from my employer
showing my current years earnings were more than the requirement even though the
previous years were below. "Shay-Ann Heiser" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
    > I have just this week sent off my petition and am trying to get the Affidavit of
    > Support materials together. I'm sort of in a strange position with my tax returns,
    > as I was not employed during 2001. I was out of the country for the entire year and
    > studying at a language school in India (where I met my fiancee) for 9 months of
    > that year. i can show tax returns for the three years prior to my year abroad
    > (98,99,00) all of which prove I met the income requirements by a long shot for
    > those years. I can also show a return for 2001, but, since I only received pay for
    > 2 wks in that year, it is well below the requirement. If I can provide a letter
    > from an employer (a new one, since I just got back..), will I need to have a
    > cosponsor lined up? I can also show a copy of the certificate I received from the
    > school...
    >
    > Thanks!