DMV

Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:05 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry DMV

So, I went to the DMV to take the written test. Brought my TX State ID & my GC. No go - "We need to see your social."

Me - "But I brought it in two weeks ago when I got the ID. I gave it to you and you put the info in your computer."

Bitch - "We need to see it again. Every time."

And then some drunk old bastard who was retaking his test called me an illegal alien.

I'm starting to worry that this was all a terrible mistake. Can't do half the jobs I'm qualified for, because I'm not a citizen and it appears that rapists and murderers get treated with more respect than ****ing foreigners.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:10 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DMV

Originally Posted by chartreuse
So, I went to the DMV to take the written test. Brought my TX State ID & my GC. No go - "We need to see your social."

Me - "But I brought it in two weeks ago when I got the ID. I gave it to you and you put the info in your computer."

And then some drunk old bastard who was retaking his test called me an illegal alien.

I'm starting to worry that this was all a terrible mistake. Can't do half the jobs I'm qualified for, because I'm not a citizen and it appears that rapists and murderers get treated with more respect than ****ing foreigners.
Never let common sense get in the way of a good bit of bureaucracy...

Sorry to hear of your woe.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

That's how it is in Ohio now, too. They used to print the SSN on the license. They stopped that years ago, and instead require you to bring the card with you to the office.

Try not to let the DMV ruin your day.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:20 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
Never let common sense get in the way of a good bit of bureaucracy...

Sorry to hear of your woe.
Thanks, I just needed to vent. I've now worked out why she couldn't just pull up the record - there isn't one. According to this they didn't need my SSN (or card) when I got my State ID. It stands to reason that there'd be no place for it to be entered. So all this bullshit was because she wouldn't admit that she made a mistake (or exceeded her authority) last time.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

it is what it is. And tomorrow u could be dead. Dont sweat the things u cant change. Its not worth the bloody aggro. Instead go get the soci number.. go tomorrow because obviously here its not a bloody bank holiday... and go and do the written test and pass and put it behind u. DID THAT sound sincere?

The M Fs who make the rules are bloody standing on their frigging soap boxes and think they are power that be. You know what i do when people really start to piss me off in thier own importance.. I imagine them naked. Not quite as itimidating then. And it makes me grin.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, Welcome to America again.
Some of us like you grubby foreigners. Just remember your station.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Common sense v.s red tape... the red tape wins everytime.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:39 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

If it makes you feel any better, the DMV doesn't give a flying **** who you are, where you came from or how you got here. They are equal opportunity assholes. Any Yank could have (and probably has) written about the DMV just as you did.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

I realised the other day that i'd been driving around with an expired driving licence for 3 months.
I got a new licence when i got my green card last Feb, but the licence is only good for 1 year because i'm foreign or something. My green card is good for 2 years then i have to get it renewed again. I got them confused and thought they were both good for 2 years.
not the most interesting story ever now i'm reading it back to myself but i've already typed it so i might as well post.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:44 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
My green card is good for 2 years then i have to get it renewed again.
Don't know if you know, but it's not quite a renewal when this one expires. See form I-751 (and you can file it 90 days before card expiration).
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
Don't know if you know, but it's not quite a renewal when this one expires. See form I-751 (and you can file it 90 days before card expiration).
Cool thanks for that.
I should start to get ready for it i guess.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I just needed to vent. I've now worked out why she couldn't just pull up the record - there isn't one. According to this they didn't need my SSN (or card) when I got my State ID. It stands to reason that there'd be no place for it to be entered. So all this bullshit was because she wouldn't admit that she made a mistake (or exceeded her authority) last time.

I f***ing hate going to that place! Not sure what kind of training they put the employees through, but for some reason they are all a**holes!

Have to go back there tomorrow, my clever son lost his learners permit!

Don't let that place make you question your choice to be here, they are just not worth that much thought!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I listented to a guy (American) rant for about 30 minutes the other day about how the foreigners get special treatment @ the DMV while honest hard working Americans get treated like dirt.

PS - It's a hell hole. The devil lives there.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I listented to a guy (American) rant for about 30 minutes the other day about how the foreigners get special treatment @ the DMV while honest hard working Americans get treated like dirt.

PS - It's a hell hole. The devil lives there.

It's true, Americans hate the place too, my MIL used to be an investigator for them, lots of interesting stories, she loved her job!

she's the devils spawn!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I hate it bacause I still have this nagging fear that i've done something wrong and my licence will be rejected and i'll get deported or something. It's ridiculous i know but it brings back all those feelings i had when trying to get my visa, etc. I'm permantly scarred from making a balls up of that when i first came here and getting sent back at us immigration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.