Divorce and Remarriage

Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:44 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce and Remarriage

Originally Posted by coloradomrs
I'm sorry that I had a opinion, everyone else was allowed theirs, so I guess I thought I would be allowed mine. I'll stay away from now on.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.
Oh come on, don't be so thin-skinned. Opinions are like *ss-holes. Everyone has one. There's certainly no need to leave a helpful and supportive group like this one over the opinions expressed on adultery. There are some people who believe that the act of divorce is a sin as well, and look how many of us there are on here.

You *are* entitled to your opinion, and there is not one poster on here or anywhere in the world who has the corner on perfection. Part of coming to a newsgroup is developing tolerance for other thoughts but also learning to shake off comments from people who disagree with what you have voiced. It's give and take.

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coloradomrs
I'm sorry that I had a opinion, everyone else was allowed theirs, so I guess I thought I would be allowed mine. I'll stay away from now on.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

No, please, by all means state your opinion. It is an open forum and there is no one here to tell you can't.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Divorce and Remarriage

Originally Posted by Creeper
I'm sure this has been asked before, but there are a lot of pages and the search function isn't very good. I am currently seeing a Russian woman (I am a US citizen) who is here, married to another man. We know this situation is not good, as her marriage started off as legit, but her hubby turned out to be the cold type, and nothing she does seems to make him want her anymore. She is happy to stay married the year+ she still needs to to apply for citizenship, but should her husband find out about us, things may turn to divorce very quickly. Anyway, my question is, if he decides to take a fast track to divorce, is there any way I could marry her to get her to stay, or is it back to Siberia for her to start the whole process again?
Dear Creep
Have you ever heard the saying "MEN DON'T THINK WITH THEIR BRAIN"? Do you really think her husband is the COLD TYPE - after all she is the one from SIBERIA. I think it is COLD of her to start up a relationship with someone else and feel that she is PERFECTLY HAPPY to stay married another year.
She must be a very good liar if she has gotten away with hiding your affair.. When she marries you (cause your stupid) I can just imagine the stuff she will be hiding from you (again cause your stupid).

But what the heck, she has a 10 year signed Affidavit of Support agreement with her future ex.. so that would make her NOT STUPID.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
But what the heck, she has a 10 year signed Affidavit of Support agreement with her future ex.. so that would make her NOT STUPID.
That's void once she gets citizenship though...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of infidelity takes me back to the day I suggested swinging to my wife... she showed me this nice tree I would be swinging from...... She told me her divorce lawyer were Mr Smith and Mr Wesson... I decided keeping my wedding vows was good for my health ...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

RICKRGRS will become famous soon enoughRICKRGRS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
I would assume because she is Russian and he is a USC that spending a great deal of time in each others presence was prohibitive in terms of time and money.
True, true.

In that case, both people come together with high hopes and rose colored glasses. It is only after living in real time for six months, or more, that one can really appreciate and understand what they have in life with the other, for better or worse. If all goes well, love will flourish with daily nurturing.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
All this talk of infidelity takes me back to the day I suggested swinging to my wife... she showed me this nice tree I would be swinging from...... She told me her divorce lawyer were Mr Smith and Mr Wesson... I decided keeping my wedding vows was good for my health ...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:10 pm
Andrew DeFaria

Ray wrote:

>> That's void once she gets citizenship though...
    > All this talk of infidelity takes me back to the day I suggested
    > swinging to my wife... she showed me this nice tree I would be
    > swinging from...... She told me her divorce lawyer were Mr Smith and
    > Mr Wesson... I decided keeping my wedding vows was good for my health ..

Meow! Come on Ray you're not really into swinging are you? Besides I've
never seen a swinger that was attractive...
--
Unable to close TROUSER.ZIP! - Replace floppy and retry (Y/N)

Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:14 pm
Andrew DeFaria

RICKRGRS wrote:

> True, true.
    > In that case, both people come together with high hopes and rose
    > colored glasses. It is only after living in real time for six months,
    > or more, that one can really appreciate and understand what they have
    > in life with the other, for better or worse. If all goes well, love
    > will flourish with daily nurturing.

And if all doesn't go well then they should do the right thing which
does not include cheating.
--
You know how most packages say "Open here"? What if it said, "Open
somewhere else?"

Old Jan 28th 2005, 3:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's void once she gets citizenship though...
I was under the impression the Affidavit of Support is in effect until the immigrant completes 40 quarters of work (not the same as 10 years), dies, or leaves the USA for good. Even divorce does not free the sponsor from his responsibilities.

If she stays in the USA, never completes 40 quarters of work, and doesn't die soon, then her ex will be responsible to pay back any means-tested benefit she might receive.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I wasn't. I was properly divorced and so was Sheila.

No, it isn't. It's a symptom of a totally selfish indulgence. If it was truly a symptom, everyone would do it. This is not a cause and effect thing. Cheating is a symptom of a weak will... nothing more!

Why the hell not? Did it suddenly become noble to live down to our baser instincts? Why don't we all just submit to those baser instincts and screw around at will? After all, to err is human... right? Or maybe we should just slow down a moment and consider whether we are capable of a little restraint. Yes, I think we are! And, with all due respect to your brother, adultery is still wrong. Yes, I will judge.

Ian

I think I agree with Ian..cheating is a purely selfish act. If you don't want to be with someone anymore then end that relationship before you move onto the next one, don't fake being happy and cheat. Theres too many people who want to have their cake and eat it.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I was under the impression the Affidavit of Support is in effect until the immigrant completes 40 quarters of work (not the same as 10 years), dies, or leaves the USA for good. Even divorce does not free the sponsor from his responsibilities.
I was under the impression that it was void once person get's citizenship, from what I've read here too...
If they don't, then they'll have to either leave the US, work the 40 1/4's or die...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
I think I agree with Ian..cheating is a purely selfish act. If you don't want to be with someone anymore then end that relationship before you move onto the next one, don't fake being happy and cheat. Theres too many people who want to have their cake and eat it.
Its like I told my EX.. If I can't be number one then number two on you.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I was under the impression that it was void once person get's citizenship, from what I've read here too...
If they don't, then they'll have to either leave the US, work the 40 1/4's or die...
If I remember by studies correctly. I-865 is in effect until one of the following occurs:

1. PR earns 40 quarters of qualifying work credits for Social Security (total of 40 quarters would be 10 years of qualifying work time);

2. PR leaves the US and abandons/gives up green card;

3. PR is removed from the US and the CIS rescinds the green card;

4. PR becomes a US Citizen;

5. PR dies;

6. Sponsor dies and estate is settled (until settled the estate is the sponsor).
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:00 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Rete

1. PR earns 40 quarters of qualifying work credits for Social Security (total of 40 quarters would be 10 years of qualifying work time);

2. PR leaves the US and abandons/gives up green card;

3. PR is removed from the US and the CIS rescinds the green card;

4. PR becomes a US Citizen;

5. PR dies;

6. Sponsor dies and estate is settled (until settled the estate is the sponsor).
So bascially, I was right...just didn't mention the last one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.