Wikiposts

divorce

Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:41 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: divorce

Originally posted by supernav
Here's a quick way to see if you she loves YOU or your PASSPORT:

During the courtship, mention living in Russia with her

or

Mention, actually you only have a green card.

If the conversation immediately changes for the worse, or 30 seconds of silence pass or she turns on you....

Run.

Unless the booty will be so great for 2 years, that you don't mind being used like a loser doormat.

-= nav =-
I like those suggestions !
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:13 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by supernav
Here's a quick way to see if you she loves YOU or your PASSPORT:

During the courtship, mention living in Russia with her

or

Mention, actually you only have a green card.

If the conversation immediately changes for the worse, or 30 seconds of silence pass or she turns on you....

Run.

Unless the booty will be so great for 2 years, that you don't mind being used like a loser doormat.

-= nav =-
I have an idea. Instead of bringing her in as a K-1, bring her in as a J-1. Create a couple ficticious kids, and hire her as an Au Pair. Try to get one that's subject to section 212(e). If things go south, you go back to her country to meet her family with her and cancel her visa while she's not looking. Then you return back to the US without her. You could even call in a tip that she was turning tricks or something while in the US.

NOTE: Before anyone freaks out, I am just kidding.

On a serious note, unless you don't allow her to learn English and move to a secluded cabin in Montana these things probably don't last too long. I'm sure there are some very happy couples, but they may be the exception.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:19 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by crg14624
On a serious note, unless you don't allow her to learn English and move to a secluded cabin in Montana these things probably don't last too long. I'm sure there are some very happy couples, but they may be the exception.
I should probably clarify. One of the Russian/American couples I know met in NYC. The wife, who is Russian, was working as a translator for the UN and had had enough of the US and was ready to go home when she met her now husband who persuaded her to stay. Her family are wealthy enough in Russia to be considered wealthy even by US standards, in terms of transferrable wealth. They own half of St. Petersburg

They are also both Jewish, which they feel helps as it gave them something in common culturally.

Probably not your typical "mail order bride" scenario.....