Diversity visa ??

Old May 10th 2014, 7:16 am
Just Joined

kat1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diversity visa ??

I was wandering if anyone has heard of this ? Do you still need a "professional job " with this ? X
Old May 10th 2014, 7:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diversity visa ??

Originally Posted by kat1977
I was wandering if anyone has heard of this ? Do you still need a "professional job " with this ? X
Also known as the 'green card lottery' it's not available to people born in the UK, except for those born in Northern Ireland.
Old May 10th 2014, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Really ? That's terrible lol x
Old May 10th 2014, 7:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Explained here, although this article is dated 2013, it all still applies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa
Old May 10th 2014, 8:58 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

I know that many people are opposed to a visa lottery. Why are you? Just curious.
Old May 10th 2014, 9:45 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I know that many people are opposed to a visa lottery. Why are you? Just curious.
My guess is that it's because she doesn't qualify..
Old May 13th 2014, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I don't think she means that she is opposed to the DV lottery, but rather expressed her disgust at the fact that UK-born people aren't eligible - at least that is how I understood it.
Old May 13th 2014, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Yeh I was bothered that uk people are not entitled ! Maybe this is a wee tad political but our people will help fight wars for the us but we are not entitled to be part of something that other countries are !!hmmm just isn't right !! Not because I would like to live there , I not the kind of person to spit the dummy out - if it's not meant to be for us then I'm really ok with that ! What's meant to be will be ! We have a good life here I'm Scotland !! But I just find this unfair xx
Old May 13th 2014, 5:48 am
Concierge

Yeh I was bothered that uk people are not entitled ! Maybe this is a wee tad political but our people will help fight wars for the us but we are not entitled to be part of something that other countries are !!hmmm just isn't right !! Not because I would like to live there , I not the kind of person to spit the dummy out - if it's not meant to be for us then I'm really ok with that ! What's meant to be will be ! We have a good life here I'm Scotland !! But I just find this unfair xx
It's all because the UK sends a ot of immigrants to the US every year. Quote from the Wikipedia entry...

>Those born in any territory that has sent more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years are not eligible to receive a diversity visa.>

Last edited by mikelincs; May 13th 2014 at 6:05 am.
Old May 13th 2014, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Yeh I actually just read that after I posted my comment lol !! xx
Old May 13th 2014, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh I actually just read that after I posted my comment lol !! xx
If you vote "Yes" in September, quite possibly an independent Scotland might qualify.
Old May 13th 2014, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh I was bothered that uk people are not entitled !
With respect, no one is entitled to a US visa... no one at all.

Maybe this is a wee tad political but our people will help fight wars for the us but we are not entitled to be part of something that other countries are !!
Did you know that the US remains the only former UK colony in history to ever successfully sever political ties to the UK? There was a whole war over it, in fact... but perhaps you didn't hear about it.

I really think you need to take the "entitlement" chip off your shoulder.

Ian
Old May 13th 2014, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you know that the US remains the only former UK colony in history to ever successfully sever political ties to the UK?
Um, really - someone needs to update this Wikipedia entry then - they talk about the current close and special US/UK relationship - hardly sounds severed to me.

I really think you need to take the "entitlement" chip off your shoulder.
Not a cool comment..
Old May 13th 2014, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superkruz
Um, really - someone needs to update this Wikipedia entry then - they talk about the current close and special US/UK relationship - hardly sounds severed to me.
Do you have nothing better to do than constantly troll my posts looking for the moment when I say something you think isn't true? And that you had to use Wikipedia to make a questionable point... how sad!

Not a cool comment..
I wasn't trying to be cool... my comment was balls on accurate, regardless of what you think of it.

Ian
Old May 13th 2014, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know that the US remains the only former UK colony in history to ever successfully sever political ties to the UK?
Ireland? Former South Yemen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.