Didn't return I94

Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Didn't return I94

Hi guys

Okay here's my situation, it isnt really that serious but wondered if you guys can give me some advice…

I'm a British Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Canada, I live in Toronto, I went to MI (Detroit) to visit friends for Xmas and I entered the US via land border and got a visa wavier valid until march 23 06.. When I returned to Canada (3 days later) I didn’t hand my i-94 back because I thought I would be visiting again sometime within the 3 months…..well as it happens I'm not….. I know you can return it to the 'uscis' to some address in Kentucky with evidence that I left usa and entered Canada etc etc because I did that 3 years ago when I went to Florida on vacation and the airline didn’t take it……. Ok my question Is it ok to return it again using this method or should I just drive to nearest border (Niagara falls) and hand it back there?

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:06 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Didn't return I94

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...hp?p_faqid=752
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

d4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the rough

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/cbp/i94.html

the same thing happened to me - they wont notify you once they receive the information - i actually went to the DOS booth at the embassy and they sent me a form stating my date of departure

jsut make sure you send the info recorded
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by d4vid
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/cbp/i94.html

the same thing happened to me - they wont notify you once they receive the information - i actually went to the DOS booth at the embassy and they sent me a form stating my date of departure

jsut make sure you send the info recorded
thanks for info fatbrit and d4vid, the reason i ask is, like i said i sent my i94 to the address in kentucky god 3 years ago and never heard anything back but ive been to US serveral times with no problems at all.... i just didnt know if it would be a good idea to send it a 2nd time..... niargra falls is only a few hours away maybe i could just walk across the bridge see niargra falls from the american side and hand my i94 back then... either way i wont forget next time
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:17 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
thanks for info fatbrit and d4vid, the reason i ask is, like i said i sent my i94 to the address in kentucky god 3 years ago and never heard anything back but ive been to US serveral times with no problems at all.... i just didnt know if it would be a good idea to send it a 2nd time..... niargra falls is only a few hours away maybe i could just walk across the bridge see niargra falls from the american side and hand my i94 back then... either way i wont forget next time
Just send it back to the address shown with a covering letter, keep a copy and the proof of postage stuff. Take a copy of all this proof with you next time you cross the border, but don't bother offering it to them unless they specifically start questioning you about it. Also wise to take some proof that you've actually been living in and are tied to Canada, e.g. paychecks, mortgage statement, etc. Just be truthful with them, offer them the evidence ONLY if there's a problem, and you should be okay.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Hi guys

Okay here's my situation, it isnt really that serious but wondered if you guys can give me some advice…

I'm a British Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Canada, I live in Toronto, I went to MI (Detroit) to visit friends for Xmas and I entered the US via land border and got a visa wavier valid until march 23 06.. When I returned to Canada (3 days later) I didn’t hand my i-94 back because I thought I would be visiting again sometime within the 3 months…..well as it happens I'm not….. I know you can return it to the 'uscis' to some address in Kentucky with evidence that I left usa and entered Canada etc etc because I did that 3 years ago when I went to Florida on vacation and the airline didn’t take it……. Ok my question Is it ok to return it again using this method or should I just drive to nearest border (Niagara falls) and hand it back there?

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!

I can tell you this as fact - as I chat to the US border guards at Calais, Maine all the time, as I drive regularly, into the US and back.

Of course I have to acquire another I94 if my current one has expired.

There has been occasion when my I94 has expired a while ago.

When going into the guard building to renew - I asked what "flagging" occurs.

I was told - US - Canada - US by road - NONE !

It is supposed to be surrendered again - but they do not make land crossing I94`s along that border, a priority for locating any person in the US with a possible expired I94.

I would suggest that you return the I94 by signed for mail, that you can track on www.canadapost.ca to the relevant US address.

But if you think you might visit - Niagra Falls - for example, this summer - just hang on to it - and when you enter the US - tell the guard - "My current I94 visa waiver has expired, with your permission, I need to get another, please".
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
I chat to the US border guards at Calais, Maine all the time, as I drive regularly, into the US and back.
Just to wander off topic for a moment, I think St. Stephen is one of the prettiest towns in all of NB... with the possible exception of Edmundston.

Ian
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just to wander off topic for a moment, I think St. Stephen is one of the prettiest towns in all of NB... with the possible exception of Edmundston.

Ian
You are "pulling my leg, mate", I would not go that far.

I have yet to visit Edmundston.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay I’m going to just send a letter then but one more question....

left the US via a land border in a friends Car, (She’s American) do I have give the license plate of her car or do I say I crossed the border into Canada via Car, and that’s it????

Thanks again Guys!
h
Old Mar 20th 2006, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Okay I’m going to just send a letter then but one more question....

left the US via a land border in a friends Car, (She’s American) do I have give the license plate of her car or do I say I crossed the border into Canada via Car, and that’s it????

Thanks again Guys!
h
anyone?
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:57 pm

"celine_uk" <member10014@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > left the US via a land border in a friends Car, (She’s American) do I
    > have give the license plate of her car or do I say I crossed the
    > border into Canada via Car, and that’s it????

What has the car got to do with proving that you left the U.S?
Unless you can prove that you are permanently attached to that car and
wherever it goes you go too since you can't be separated from it, then that
idea you are presenting in connection with the car or its license plate is a
totally useless!

Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

d4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the rough

the most important thing is to prove you are active outside the US from the date you specify. Bank records are by far the easiest to refer to

i.e.
withdrawal from where ever
Old Mar 21st 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d4vid
the most important thing is to prove you are active outside the US from the date you specify. Bank records are by far the easiest to refer to

i.e.
withdrawal from where ever
Thanks again for your help d4vid, I know im over reacting just don’t want any trouble at the border