Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Did you file AOS in San Francisco???

Did you file AOS in San Francisco???

Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

cjcherri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did you file AOS in San Francisco???

From reading the threads from several differnt posters, we are under the impression of S.F is still slow in processiong AOS application and interviews. What do you think? We think they've improved their speed quiet a bit since we filed mid-2003. We waited 9months to have our interview (heard nothing from them in between) with congress woman's help. Lately, we've heard some couples received their interview date in less than 6 months.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

vivsavage955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did you file AOS in San Francisco???

Read my signature for our timeline at the SF USCIS district office. For us, it took roughly six months from initial AOS filing to the interview. Sounds like the office may be processing things slightly faster than in the past.

Also, as an aside, they issued an AP valid only for about 90 days. We Infopassed and complained about the short validity, and they said with a "wink and nudge" that we would probably have our interview prior to AP expiration. As it happened, we had the interview five days before AP expired.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you file AOS in San Francisco???

Filed for AOS in March through TSC, then moved to CSC (SF) which my case was transfered in in AUG, got a letter telling me to come down for the Boimetrics and fingerprints. I have heard nothing since then. Also been over 90 days since my EAD electronic application, now have to go down there and find out what the problem is all about.

Originally Posted by cjcherri
From reading the threads from several differnt posters, we are under the impression of S.F is still slow in processiong AOS application and interviews. What do you think? We think they've improved their speed quiet a bit since we filed mid-2003. We waited 9months to have our interview (heard nothing from them in between) with congress woman's help. Lately, we've heard some couples received their interview date in less than 6 months.