Did we apply for visa before?

Old Feb 21st 2001, 3:59 pm
angie

I just remembered that my fiance tried the green card lottery back in 99-2000. This was
before we knew we could go through the K-1. Was it wrong to mark "NO" for never applying
for a visa before on these consulate forms???

----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web -----
http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net
prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net
violate posting guidelines, email [email protected]

Old Feb 21st 2001, 4:07 pm
Andy Platt

No that was not a visa application. On the other hand the question about expressing a
desire to immigrate to the US should be "yes" since by entering the visa lottery you are
doing that.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> I just remembered that my fiance tried the green card lottery back in 99-2000. This was
> before we knew we could go through the K-1. Was it wrong
to
> mark "NO" for never applying for a visa before on these consulate forms???
>
>
>
>
> ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the
eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through
> NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
[email protected]

Old Feb 21st 2001, 7:29 pm
angie

Actually, he paid some company for some postcard to be sent to enter this green card
lottery. He never heard any word back from this company about entering. He never actually
expressed any interest to immigrate, he just wanted to be with me somehow. Is the
consulate going to know anything about this postcard that was supposedly mailed? Are we in
trouble now? He will be scheduled an interview soon, and everything was fine until I
remembered about this dumb thing..

writes:
>No that was not a visa application. On the other hand the question about expressing a
>desire to immigrate to the US should be "yes" since by entering the visa lottery you are
>doing that.
>
>Andy.
>

http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups NewsOne.Net
prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through NewsOne.Net

Old Feb 21st 2001, 7:45 pm
Andy Platt

I wouldn't stress about it. To be honest these questions are more aimed at tourist visas
and so on. For fiance(e) visas it's a necessary form but questions like this aren't
particuarly relevant. If the issue comes up you'll be prepared now to answer "well, we
didn't know whether that had declared intent, etc, etc".

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Actually, he paid some company for some postcard to be sent to enter this green card
> lottery. He never heard any word back from this company about entering. He never
> actually expressed any interest to immigrate, he just wanted to be with me somehow. Is
> the consulate going to know anything
about
> this postcard that was supposedly mailed? Are we in trouble now? He will
be
> scheduled an interview soon, and everything was fine until I remembered
about
> this dumb thing..
>
>
>
> :
> >No that was not a visa application. On the other hand the question about expressing a
> >desire to immigrate to the US should be "yes" since by
entering
> >the visa lottery you are doing that.
> >
> >Andy.
> >
>
>
> ----- Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the
eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts made through
> NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
[email protected]

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 4:01 pm
angie

Okay, so everything seems to be okay then? We have all the stuff they want there for
consulate things. Is that good enough then? I guess we should get approved with no probs?
No other stuff we have to worry about I think. We have lots of evidence, all forms ready,
and all that junk they asked for.