Desperate for Advise

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:56 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate for Advise

Have you tried googling this company you were supposed to work for?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SameerJaanekyon
Yeah My visa is real..I had an interview with two US officers before they stamped my passport. I was thinking I was coming to work for a company here. I was told someone from the company would meet me at the airport and take me to a hotel where i can stay for the night and help me find a place to stay till i get my first month pay. But no one showed, I had to find my way myself to the address I was given.

What are the chances of me finding another job here. If I can find another job then it will make things better for me
Does this company not have a website?

Have you looked them up in the phone book?

What field are they in? Do they belong to a professional organization in that field?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

SameerJaanekyon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
Does this company not have a website?

Have you looked them up in the phone book?

What field are they in? Do they belong to a professional organization in that field?
I tried looking them up on yahoo map, the company was called slick city media in California, I got the street name and zipcode on yahoo map..but it didnt say the company's name.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all for your opinions and comments.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I tried looking them up on yahoo map, the company was called slick city media in California, I got the street name and zipcode on yahoo map..but it didnt say the company's name.
Oh dear - they don't seem to exist.

You could try calling the Chamber of Commerce in the city where they are supposed to be located - but let's face it, we are grasping at straws here.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Slick City Media appear to be run out of New York and their main venture is menupages.com.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Slick City Media appear to be run out of New York and their main venture is menupages.com.
Probably run out of someone's house. As far away from the action as possible.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:12 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
but let's face it, we are grasping at straws here.
Buy the ticket, go home! There's really nothing else to add!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Buy the ticket, go home! There's really nothing else to add!
yeah my idea aswell...
Thanks you all for all your opinions and comments
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:22 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

Perhaps try to contact them at [email protected], since menupages.com is run by Slick City Media. Google only turns up 3 results for this company and if they are in the Web biz it would look like it's a one or two man outfit.

I run my own sites pretty much by myself "part time" and there are 1000's of google results on my stuff, so it does not look good.

I tried to find Slickcitymedia.com but the site no longer exists, this was all the contact info I could come up with:

BARTON, GREG
125 W 79th St #2F
NEW YORK, New York 10024
United States
212-879-8778 Fax -- 123 123 1234

Maybe try that.

Last edited by TFI; Mar 23rd 2007 at 9:25 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah My visa is real..I had an interview with two US officers before they stamped my passport. I was thinking I was coming to work for a company here. I was told someone from the company would meet me at the airport and take me to a hotel where i can stay for the night and help me find a place to stay till i get my first month pay. But no one showed, I had to find my way myself to the address I was given.

What are the chances of me finding another job here. If I can find another job then it will make things better for me
No quite !! you visa was obtained fraudently it seems and is therefore void ..
Are you sure your in the right city..I know it sound stupid ..but it does happen .. Perhaps name the company and the city ..and we can get a local to check it out ....
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TFI
Perhaps try to contact them at [email protected], since menupages.com is run by Slick City Media. Google only turns up 3 results for this compant and if they are in the Web biz it would sugest it's a one or two man outfit.

I run my own sites pretty much by myself part time and there are 1000's of google results on my stuff, so it does not look good.

I tried to find Slickcitymedia.com but the site no longer exists, this was all the contact info I could come up with:

BARTON, GREG
125 W 79th St #2F
NEW YORK, New York 10024
United States
212-879-8778 Fax -- 123 123 1234

Maybe try that.
Hey...Thanks very much...I will take of note of it...you have no idea how happy I am.even though it might not bring up much for me..it feels great just to try something else..cos i was running out of ideas.. Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:38 pm
TFI
Forum Regular

TFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really niceTFI is just really nice

Yeah found out it's a two man outfit, Greg Barton & Tom Bohan, both former computer tech's who are into their food in a big way.

They are a two man company but it looks like they are legit, if you were ripped off, it's prob the immigration company using their name without permission
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TFI
Yeah found out it's a two man outfit, Greg Barton & Tom Bohan, both former computer tech's who are into their food in a big way.

They are a two man company but it looks like they are legit, if you were ripped off, it's prob the immigration company using their name without permission
Yeah thats probably what happened, because everything looked so legit. Oh well...never mind..I'll try and contact them and see where i get. if not I will feel more comfortable and safer at my country man. I dont need this stress and I will definately try and get my money back from that agency.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:51 pm
Powder Maggot

Originally Posted by TFI

They also have a part time position advertised on Craigs List:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ofc/282249318.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.