Delay in sending the I-865

Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all
Default Delay in sending the I-865

The I-865 requires you to report change of address within 30 days. It has been around 45 days since we changed address and we have still not sent that form. It completely slipped my mind.

Does anyone know what the possible repercussions of this are, if any?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delay in sending the I-865

Originally Posted by wildestkabs
Does anyone know what the possible repercussions of this are, if any?
The penalty for not filing is indicated on the instructions for the form. You did file the AR-11 within 10 days of moving, right?

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The sentence is that, 'You be taken to the county jail and there remain until the day of your execution, and to be then be hanged in the jail yard by the neck, until you be dead, and may God have mercy on your soul...

or a fine ...
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
The sentence is that, 'You be taken to the county jail and there remain until the day of your execution, and to be then be hanged in the jail yard by the neck, until you be dead, and may God have mercy on your soul...

or a fine ...
ROFL! I'll need to get a new monitor now... mine has coffee all over it!

Ian
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray

or a fine ...
Ray:

Hate to be pedantic -- you are confusing state "prison" with county "jail." Although both are institutions of detention, they are different.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Ray:
Hate to be pedantic -- .
LOL.... Nah!!! you love it ....

Ok .. the English version
The sentence is that, 'You be taken from this place to a place of execution and to be then be hanged by the neck, until you are dead, and may God have mercy on your soul...

Last edited by Ray; Jul 1st 2005 at 1:08 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:37 pm
AussieSteve

Don't wory about it, what's done is done. I did the same thing,
although 11 months had passed since my move before I submitted the
I-865. I've sent multiple letters and AR-11s (initial ones within the
deadline) to the folks at DHS and USCIS, and they still send stuff to
both my new and old addresses. A reasonable person would argue that
they can't get mad at you for failing to send in the I-865 within the
deadline when they can't even get their own act straight, but you're
dealing with the USCIS....

I read in another post here, that technically, if your case is still
pending, then the contract relationship between you and your sponsor
has not taken effect yet, so there should be no problem with late
submission of the I-865, but I don't know if that is good legal advice
or just opinion...

Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

wildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to allwildestkabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The penalty for not filing is indicated on the instructions for the form. You did file the AR-11 within 10 days of moving, right?

Ian
Ian -

The AR-11 comes into the picture when the alien changes his address before his consular interview, IMO.

I think once I have immigrated to the US, the AR-11 is no longer required.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Ian -

The AR-11 comes into the picture when the alien changes his address before his consular interview, IMO.

Wrong.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Ray:

Hate to be pedantic -- you are confusing state "prison" with county "jail." Although both are institutions of detention, they are different.
Right! In county jail you will suffer the ignominy of wearing a dayglo orange polyester-cotton blend jumpsuit, unless ordered to bathe once daily in the gang shower room; watch reruns of Jerry Springer on the jail TV ad inifinitum and eat unidentifiable slop, which is slid under the door on a metal tray
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Ian -

"All aliens in the United States who are required to be registered under the law (INA § 262 and 261) must keep USCIS informed of their changes of address. The only aliens exempt from this requirement are diplomats (visa status A), official government representatives to an international organization (visa status G), and certain nonimmigrants who do not possess a visa and who are in the U.S. for fewer than 30 days (INA § 263).

Applicants and petitioners for any other benefits should file a Form AR-11 AND notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address. "
http://www.uscis.gov
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bionomique
"All aliens in the United States who are required to be registered under the law (INA § 262 and 261) must keep USCIS informed of their changes of address. The only aliens exempt from this requirement are diplomats (visa status A), official government representatives to an international organization (visa status G), and certain nonimmigrants who do not possess a visa and who are in the U.S. for fewer than 30 days (INA § 263).

Applicants and petitioners for any other benefits should file a Form AR-11 AND notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address. "
http://www.uscis.gov
bionomique -

Thank you.

AussieSteve -

What is the content of this letter that you are talking about? Is this letter
mandatory?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Having said that, I do have a question. My wife had a certain address in city A, and she then moved to city B. However, the movement from city A to city B took place when I was not in the US. When I arrived in the US, my wife had moved to city B, so this is my first residence in the US. Do I still need to send AR-11? Or is it just my wife who needs to send the I-865?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Having said that, I do have a question. My wife had a certain address in city A, and she then moved to city B. However, the movement from city A to city B took place when I was not in the US. When I arrived in the US, my wife had moved to city B, so this is my first residence in the US. Do I still need to send AR-11? Or is it just my wife who needs to send the I-865?
If address in city B (current sponsor/petitioner's address) was listed on your application as the C/O address for the beneficiary, submitted to USCIS, then technically, you have not moved.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

What is the content of this letter that you are talking about? Is this letter
mandatory?

The AR-11 is submitted to London, Kentucky, but the content of the letter is "notify in writing the local office processing their case of any change of address".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.