Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Decoding the Notice Receipt Number

Decoding the Notice Receipt Number

Old Oct 18th 2003, 5:42 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decoding the Notice Receipt Number

From a posting back in March:

"If a person's application belongs to a specific group (type such as I
129 F, 130, etc) of applications for which BCIS produces regular
updates online, then that application's particular case number begins
with number 5. So applications such as I 129 F or 130's will always have
particular case numbers starting with '5'xxxx."

I think something may need to be updated about this nugget of info, but I'm not sure what. My Receipt Number for my I-129f for spouse to the MSC/NBC is MSC-04-0xx-6xxxx. And it is searchable.

I wonder if the '6' came with the new FY (maybe getting low on sequence numbers?) or if it's unuque to the MSC/NBC as distinguished from the 4 regional service centers?

What kind of RNs are people with FY 2004 NOAs seeing, from either the MSC/NBC or from the regional service centers?
Old Oct 18th 2003, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Decoding the Notice Receipt Number

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
From a posting back in March:

"If a person's application belongs to a specific group (type such as I
129 F, 130, etc) of applications for which BCIS produces regular
updates online, then that application's particular case number begins
with number 5. So applications such as I 129 F or 130's will always have
particular case numbers starting with '5'xxxx."

I think something may need to be updated about this nugget of info, but I'm not sure what. My Receipt Number for my I-129f for spouse to the MSC/NBC is MSC-04-0xx-6xxxx. And it is searchable.

I wonder if the '6' came with the new FY (maybe getting low on sequence numbers?) or if it's unuque to the MSC/NBC as distinguished from the 4 regional service centers?

What kind of RNs are people with FY 2004 NOAs seeing, from either the MSC/NBC or from the regional service centers?

Hi:

The convention has been

Three letter code for the Service Center.

Two digits for the fiscal year -- we are now in FY 2004

Three digits for the day of filing.

The "5" was a place holder showing it was in TIERS systems and could be tracked.

The remaining digits represented the number for that DAY.

Perhaps the "6" is for a software adjustment. Or perhaps, they expect more than 9,999 applications per day from now on.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:12 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decoding the Notice Receipt Number

Mr.F,

What do the Receipt Numbers that you are seeing for your clients look like since the start of the new fiscal year?

Is there any pattern that might give a clue as the the meaning of the 6xxxx sequence numbers?

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The convention has been

Three letter code for the Service Center.

Two digits for the fiscal year -- we are now in FY 2004

Three digits for the day of filing.

The "5" was a place holder showing it was in TIERS systems and could be tracked.

The remaining digits represented the number for that DAY.

Perhaps the "6" is for a software adjustment. Or perhaps, they expect more than 9,999 applications per day from now on.