DCF in Moscow - most recent

Old Feb 19th 2001, 8:52 pm
skiff

For those who interested... Just came back from Moscow where I filed I-130 for my wife. I
had I-129F approved by CSC on January, 10 nevertheless I abandoned it, boarded the plane
and went to Russia to marry my sweetheart. The marriage process (note , I got married in
Moscow through ZAGS) took 3 (!) days. No bribes, no candies, not even a hint for
additional expenses. ZAGS director I dealt with is a very nice lady. I did have however a
letter from my employer stating that my position with the company requires my permanent
presence in USA and limits my travel abroad. Me and my wife submitted an application for
marriage registration on Feb.6 and got married 3 days later, on Feb.9. All expenses
associated with ZAGS were 100 RUB (less then $4) I had a business visa because I was told
by people in Moscow ZAGS won't accept the application if you are there on tourist visa. I
don't know how true this is, but my visa was accpeted by ZAGS without the questions. The
following Monday I visited the US Embassy and submitted I-130 for my wife. It seemed
Embassy quards were over-suspicious as they wanted to know in details what the hell I am
doing there Anyway, the process of submiting the petition was painless. INS people were
very helpful (might sound like a joke after dealing with Service Centers in US for some
After accepting my petition lady from INS told me that in three days the petition will be
sent to Immigration Visa Section and those people (who apparently work absolutely
independent from INS) will contact my wife and set the inteview date for her. Not sure how
long it would've taken for them to call her back - I didn't give that chance, I called
them myself on Thursday and asked for the interview date. There is a mandatory 16 business
days waiting period for FBI check, so the earliest possible date for the interview was
March, 14. And this was the date I've got...