Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Current processing times for N-400 (naturalization)?

Current processing times for N-400 (naturalization)?

Old Feb 6th 2017, 8:59 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current processing times for N-400 (naturalization)?

Here's my timeline:
Mailed my N-400 in early October.
Biometrics on Nov. 3.
Naturalization interview Feb. 2 (I passed :-)
Oath ceremony will take place on Feb. 22.
I live in Seattle.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

AliciaA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Interesting that the website processing times seem way off. We're going through the Norfolk office.

Congrats to you.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

I mailed my N-400 last week. No update on the USPS tracking since Friday. I'm getting slightly paranoid! Maybe new citizens are more likely to vote a certain way? Maybe applications are being conveniently lost? Just kidding, but 1% of me is not kidding.

We live in the Atlanta area now and it says currently processing applications from April, so I'm prepared for a long wait.

Good luck everyone! Hope you get an interview soon AliciaA. Congrats naomi!

Old Feb 9th 2017, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slummymummy
I mailed my N-400 last week. No update on the USPS tracking since Friday. I'm getting slightly paranoid! Maybe new citizens are more likely to vote a certain way? Maybe applications are being conveniently lost? Just kidding, but 1% of me is not kidding.

We live in the Atlanta area now and it says currently processing applications from April, so I'm prepared for a long wait.

Good luck everyone! Hope you get an interview soon AliciaA. Congrats naomi!

I had that too, back in December: the USPS tracking simply didn't work, just said it had been generated (when I bought the label from the kiosk) and then an automatic update that didn't actually indicate any real activity about 18 hrs later. Then it suddenly said it had been delivered (two days after promised delivery date!). It was, as I've had the "received" I-797 and my biometrics.

Last edited by rpjs; Feb 9th 2017 at 6:16 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rpjs
I had that too, back in December: the USPS tracking simply didn't work, just said it had been generated (when I bought the label from the kiosk) and then an automatic update that didn't actually indicate any real activity about 18 hrs later. Then it suddenly said it had been delivered (two days after promised delivery date!). It was, as I've had the "received" I-797 and my biometrics.
Great! My last update on the tracking is Feb 6 "in transit to destination". That's 4 days ago now. Ugh. Before that it said it had arrived in Dallas. So I think they probably got it by now but tracking hasn't updated yet. I'll wait and see a bit longer.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

AliciaA is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband got his interview notice today! March 21st. . So, application submitted 11/5-6 ish, biometrics 12/1, interview 3/21. We are excited. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

mango-va is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my application at the beginning of May 2016, had my biometrics appointment June 5th, and nothing since. My field office is St Paul, MN, and I live in North Dakota. It says on the website that they are processing N-400 applications from March 5th, 2016. Ugh... A long wait!
Old Feb 15th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I finally got confirmation on the USPS tracking that my application was delivered. Phew. It took 2 weeks. So now I'm just waiting. My third grader has been learning about the 3 branches of government, checks & balances, etc, so we have been studying together!