Current maintenance requirements

Old Aug 14th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Rusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to allRusty Chainsaw is a name known to all
Default Current maintenance requirements

Me and my wife are looking to return to the UK soon after 2 years in the US. I've never really settled here, and my (American) wife misses it too, plus, various current circumstances are making us more and more disillusioned with it here.

Now, her old spouse visa has expired, so she's got to get a new one, and I can't find any concrete details on the amount of money you need to show you have for the maintenance requirements (there wasn't any when we did this before). We can scrounge together £4000-5000 (I've got premium bonds back in the UK I can cash in and stuff, plus some savings from here), but I've been hearing that this might not be enough. We will be initially going back and staying with my mum (she's willing to do the affidavit, etc to show this) so having to afford rent won't be an issue, at least initially.

Can any recent returnees shed some light on this for us?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:01 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Current maintenance requirements

Originally Posted by Rusty Chainsaw
Me and my wife are looking to return to the UK soon after 2 years in the US. I've never really settled here, and my (American) wife misses it too, plus, various current circumstances are making us more and more disillusioned with it here.

Now, her old spouse visa has expired, so she's got to get a new one, and I can't find any concrete details on the amount of money you need to show you have for the maintenance requirements (there wasn't any when we did this before). We can scrounge together £4000-5000 (I've got premium bonds back in the UK I can cash in and stuff, plus some savings from here), but I've been hearing that this might not be enough. We will be initially going back and staying with my mum (she's willing to do the affidavit, etc to show this) so having to afford rent won't be an issue, at least initially.

Can any recent returnees shed some light on this for us?
There is no set amount but you might want to have a look on uk-yankee.com for a better idea of what is an acceptable amount as well as help with any other application/moving issues you might encounter or have questions about.