Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Curious question over the service centres....

Curious question over the service centres....

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Curious question over the service centres....

According to our NOA 1 our case number started off with WAC, which i beleived was western adjudicating centre meaning california, but our file ends up at the NVC centre in New Hampshire

Do the various adjudicating centres operate under one roof in NH and not go anywhere near the state of California?

Just wondered
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Curious question over the service centres....

The California Service Center is in California and the Vermont Service Center is in Vermont, hence the 'WAC' and 'EAC' codes. Your I-129F will have been processed in California and then sent on to the NVC in New Hampshire, which is normal. Next stop is the Consulate (London).

Good luck with the rest of your process!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No matter which service center a petition is sent to, it ends up at NVC for a while before heading on to the embassy overseas.

Rene
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
According to our NOA 1 our case number started off with WAC, which i beleived was western adjudicating centre meaning california, but our file ends up at the NVC centre in New Hampshire

Do the various adjudicating centres operate under one roof in NH and not go anywhere near the state of California?

Just wondered
Even weirder is that is starts out with USCIS (Service Centers)(petition adjudication) and goes to DOS (NVC)(visa issuance)!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice
Post Re: Curious question over the service centres....

Hello all! Sorry to post in an old thread... but my questions is regarding service centres. Only 2 process 129F petitions? California & Vermont? Can it be sent to any? The I-129F instructions only list 1 address, for a lockbox..... my USC fiance lives on the East Coast, does this matter?

Confusing indeed! It is possible to check the status of the petition, once submitted, right?

Many thanks! :-)
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice

Ah, I found the answer.... from another thread... when I tried a 2nd search for info. Found a link where you can enter the US zipcode of the USC.... and it tells you the USCIS office that will be used.

"See here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...fice_type=S C

Scroll a little more than halfway down, and enter her zip code. It will tell you which service center will be used."

:-)
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by craig_sp
Hello all! Sorry to post in an old thread... but my questions is regarding service centres. Only 2 process 129F petitions? California & Vermont? Can it be sent to any? The I-129F instructions only list 1 address, for a lockbox..... my USC fiance lives on the East Coast, does this matter?

Confusing indeed! It is possible to check the status of the petition, once submitted, right?

Many thanks! :-)
Make sure the petition and everything accompanying it is sent to the address given on the I-129F instructions. USCIS will direct it to the relevant service center.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I found the answer.... from another thread... when I tried a 2nd search for info. Found a link where you can enter the US zipcode of the USC.... and it tells you the USCIS office that will be used.

Scroll a little more than halfway down, and enter her zip code. It will tell you which service center will be used."

Most of the forms are accompanied by comprehensive instructions that detail which address to mail to. Ensure you have downloaded the most recent version and follow the instructions.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:13 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Better yet, don't use the form instructions for finding the current mailing address, use the USCIS form description page.

The instructions get updated when the forms are updated, every couple of years. The description page gets updated when information relevent to the form gets updated, so it will be more current than the instructions.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Most of the forms are accompanied by comprehensive instructions that detail which address to mail to. Ensure you have downloaded the most recent version and follow the instructions.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Better yet, don't use the form instructions for finding the current mailing address, use the USCIS form description page.

The instructions get updated when the forms are updated, every couple of years. The description page gets updated when information relevent to the form gets updated, so it will be more current than the instructions.

Regards, JEff
+1.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:01 pm

It is possible to check the status of the petition, once submitted, right?
You can create an account to get email or text updates, I think. You can also log on and check status of yourself. However, don't take any of that as gospel. Your case could be faster or slower than other cases, or different from what USCIS predicts will happen. You could get an incorrect email or text. Although I think USCIS updates have improved, they still aren't always 100% correct.

And if you get an RFE, the posted processing times don't apply anymore.

Rene
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy

Regards, JEff
Shrug, they are currently both the same. Dallas address for USPS, Lewisville for UPS/FEDEX.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:13 pm

I don't think that's the page you need to be looking at. That's got everything on it except information on where to send an I-129F petition. I believe entering a zip code somewhere through one of those links just tells you what your local office would be.

Anyway, you need to be looking at this page: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Rene
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:13 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

"currently" being the operative word. For the I-129f petition. That may not be true for other petitions or applications, and it may no longer be true for the I-129f at some future date.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Shrug, they are currently both the same. Dallas address for USPS, Lewisville for UPS/FEDEX.