Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

CSC RFE wait times.. How long is typical?

CSC RFE wait times.. How long is typical?

Old Dec 11th 2001, 1:19 am
Will

Was looking for some feedback on anyone with recent RFE experience, preferably with
the CSC office. Like others I've read about on this newsgroup we got an RFE for the
non USC birth certificate. It was some time ago now, and we're still waiting for the
2nd NOA to come through. I've read that there is a backlog in the mail room and thats
probably where our application is sitting waiting.. But for how long?

Has anyone gone through RFE to 2nd NOA recently? How long did it take? There has been
no change in the recording saying anything more than they sent us out the RFE..

Our timeline

Sep 10th : Sent I129F Sep 21st : Received 1st NOA Oct 13th : Received RFE Oct 18th :
Sent RFE Nov 3rd : Received return receipt for RFE (arrived at CSC Oct 26th) Dec 10th
    >

Old Dec 11th 2001, 12:31 pm
Will

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Nothing quite like making a post in a public forum to suddenly have the answer
present itself to you. Sure enough the very next call after posting this, our status
changed to reflect they have received the RFE info and "processing will take btwn
20-30 days however because the preliminary processing is already complete it will
take 30 days."

The logic on why having already having done some of the processing will cause it to
take the maximum of the estimate escapes me, but it really doesnt matter, so happy to
be moving forward again finally

Will