CSC and I 751

Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:51 am
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question CSC and I 751

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading the posts now for several months now. My question is does anyone know what is going on with the processing of I-751 cases in the CSC. They have been working on June 11th for months now & all the other service centers have moved way ahead of them with the processing of I-751 cases. CSC has not moved ahead at all. I am getting a little concerned. My husband & I filed our I-751 jointly on 8/17/05 with the CSC. We received his NOA back on 8/21/05 that says they are extending his CGC for 1 year, but since then we have heard nothing. I see that all the other service centers are sending out approvals so fast like in a few weeks to a month or two. Please let me know if anyone has had any recent approvals or responses from the CSC with their I-751. I am starting to get a little anxious.

Thanks June
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CSC and I 751

Originally Posted by June
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but have been reading the posts now for several months now. My question is does anyone know what is going on with the processing of I-751 cases in the CSC. They have been working on June 11th for months now & all the other service centers have moved way ahead of them with the processing of I-751 cases. CSC has not moved ahead at all. I am getting a little concerned. My husband & I filed our I-751 jointly on 8/17/05 with the CSC. We received his NOA back on 8/21/05 that says they are extending his CGC for 1 year, but since then we have heard nothing. I see that all the other service centers are sending out approvals so fast like in a few weeks to a month or two. Please let me know if anyone has had any recent approvals or responses from the CSC with their I-751. I am starting to get a little anxious.

Thanks June
Hi:

The processing times do NOT move linerally. They move in fits and starts and can actually go backwards!

You ask a specific question and I don't know the specific answer. But some observations upon which you may draw whatever speculation you want.

I've noted that people only look at the line for THEIR application. In work load, there is often "robbing Peter to pay Paul" going on.

Also, the Government Fiscal Year ends September 30th -- and the new budget is rarely fully in place on October 1, 2005. Imagine the race some people have between the end of the month and their paycheck and add in some uncertainty that what your pacycheck will be. The DAO's may be on the job -- but the contract clerical staff may very well not be.

BTW, once your I-751 is in, you remain an LPR for all purposes including accumulation of time towards citizenship. So other than being a pain in the ass, I-751 delay is generally not harmful.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:39 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: CSC and I 751

Hi:

Thanks for responding. I understand what you are saying, but why are the other SC's not being affected? The processing dates for the I-751 cases in the other service centers are moving like lightening with approvals coming out of those service centers left & right while the CSC has been at a dead halt now for several months. Again my husband & I filed our I-751 on 8/17/05. At the rate CSC is going our case will take forever to be processed. This is why I was wondering if anyone else has had any recent approvals and/or responses from the CSC regarding their I-751??

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The processing times do NOT move linerally. They move in fits and starts and can actually go backwards!

You ask a specific question and I don't know the specific answer. But some observations upon which you may draw whatever speculation you want.

I've noted that people only look at the line for THEIR application. In work load, there is often "robbing Peter to pay Paul" going on.

Also, the Government Fiscal Year ends September 30th -- and the new budget is rarely fully in place on October 1, 2005. Imagine the race some people have between the end of the month and their paycheck and add in some uncertainty that what your pacycheck will be. The DAO's may be on the job -- but the contract clerical staff may very well not be.

BTW, once your I-751 is in, you remain an LPR for all purposes including accumulation of time towards citizenship. So other than being a pain in the ass, I-751 delay is generally not harmful.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

imiak has a brilliant futureimiak has a brilliant futureimiak has a brilliant futureimiak has a brilliant futureimiak has a brilliant futureimiak has a brilliant future

As Mr. F said... each SC has different processing priorities and allocate their staff to fill those priorities. So while there may be available staff to process I-751's at the other SC's, there may not be staff available to process I-751's at CSC. So the apps will continue to pile up until it becomes a priority. But generally, since there is no loss in status with an I-751, these cases are typically have a lower priority to be processed than others.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:22 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

Thanks for responding. I understand what you are saying, but why are the other SC's not being affected? The processing dates for the I-751 cases in the other service centers are moving like lightening with approvals coming out of those service centers left & right while the CSC has been at a dead halt now for several months. Again my husband & I filed our I-751 on 8/17/05. At the rate CSC is going our case will take forever to be processed. This is why I was wondering if anyone else has had any recent approvals and/or responses from the CSC regarding their I-751??
Hi:

The backlogs between the various SC vary. The timelines are a snapshot of a praticular point in time.

BTW, it is fairly common for an SC to become "current" on a particular type of application, which then takes the heat off and then a new backlog develops. Many of the posters here are dealing with ONE application which is their own.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:36 pm
june

Hi:

Thanks to all who responded to me. I guess I am just nervous because my husbands actual CGC expires this coming Sunday, 11/13/05 & all he has will be the NOA that indicates that his CGC is extended for one year. I don't feel real comfortable going out of the country with just his NOA & an expired CGC. My husband is from Romania & we wanted to go back home to visit family & friends for the upcoming holidays. I sent a very comprehensive I-751 package to the CSC so I am hoping it is approved soon without an interview. Does anyone know what the chances of an interview is when your package is very comprehensive including everything with both our names on it even pictures of us together in various places over the past 3 years that we have been married? I just turned 41 on 11/4/05 (US Citizen) & my husband will turn 30 on 12/16/05. Does anyone think our 11 year age difference will matter in removing my husbands conditions on his GC when it didn't matter for the K1 or AOS? We are very happy & very much in love & will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05.

Hi:

The backlogs between the various SC vary. The timelines are a snapshot of a praticular point in time.

BTW, it is fairly common for an SC to become "current" on a particular type of application, which then takes the heat off and then a new backlog develops. Many of the posters here are dealing with ONE application which is their own.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Hi:

Thanks to all who responded to me. I guess I am just nervous because my husbands actual CGC expires this coming Sunday, 11/13/05 & all he has will be the NOA that indicates that his CGC is extended for one year. I don't feel real comfortable going out of the country with just his NOA & an expired CGC. My husband is from Romania & we wanted to go back home to visit family & friends for the upcoming holidays. I sent a very comprehensive I-751 package to the CSC so I am hoping it is approved soon without an interview. Does anyone know what the chances of an interview is when your package is very comprehensive including everything with both our names on it even pictures of us together in various places over the past 3 years that we have been married? I just turned 41 on 11/4/05 (US Citizen) & my husband will turn 30 on 12/16/05. Does anyone think our 11 year age difference will matter in removing my husbands conditions on his GC when it didn't matter for the K1 or AOS? We are very happy & very much in love & will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05.
Hi:

The documentation he has is just FINE for travel. Lets put it this way, the airlines are allowed to accept EXPIRED I-551 cards for boarding purposes.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:48 pm
june

Thanks again for your responses. Can someone please reply to my other questions in my last post. I would very much appreciate it.

June

Hi:

The documentation he has is just FINE for travel. Lets put it this way, the airlines are allowed to accept EXPIRED I-551 cards for boarding purposes.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what the chances of an interview is when your package is very comprehensive including everything with both our names on it even pictures of us together in various places over the past 3 years that we have been married?
I believe standard practice is to adjudicate I-751's without an interview, unless there are questions or concerns with the paperwork...or unless it randomly gets pulled for an interview for no particular reason.

I just turned 41 on 11/4/05 (US Citizen) & my husband will turn 30 on 12/16/05. Does anyone think our 11 year age difference will matter in removing my husbands conditions on his GC when it didn't matter for the K1 or AOS?
I doubt your age difference at this point will raise any questions or doubts for USCIS. You've come all this way with approvals.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:41 pm
june

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe standard practice is to adjudicate I-751's without an interview, unless there are questions or concerns with the paperwork...or unless it randomly gets pulled for an interview for no particular reason.

I doubt your age difference at this point will raise any questions or doubts for USCIS. You've come all this way with approvals.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I have another question I would appreciate if someone could please answer for me. For the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage we both lived with my parents in order to save money to buy a house. We did buy a house this past 3/25/05. So when we sent in our joint I-751 package on 8/17/05 we sent in the joint grant deed for the house, joint mortgage monthly statements for the loans on both our 1st & 2nd loans, and joint monthly statements for our home owners association dues. We also sent in joint utility bills for our new house such as water, gas/electric, & trash. All of the above things we sent were for only 5 months from 3/25/05 thru 8/17/05 which is the time peroid we owned our home before we sent in our I-751. My concern is that we don't have anything that shows we had a house payment, paid rent, or household utility bills for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage since we lived with my parents to save money. We did however send in other things with our I-751 which we did establish over the 2 1/2 years while living with my parents such as joint checking, joint savings, two life insurance policies, joint medical, dental, vision insurance, joint car insurance, joint ownership of both of our vehiclies, joint ownership of the time share we purchased, joint COSTCO membership, greeting cars sent to the both of us & to one another, pictures of us together in various places alone & with family & friends, passports & airline itnerary that shows we travelled together to Romania at Christmas 2003. We also sent both of our joint credit card statements & copy of our cards, as well as our state/federal taxes from 2002, 2003, 2004. Does anyone think it will be a problem that we don't have any rent to show or utility bills to show for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage because we lived with my parents? My mom also wrote us a letter stating we lived with her. My husband & I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have another question I would appreciate if someone could please answer for me. For the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage we both lived with my parents in order to save money to buy a house. We did buy a house this past 3/25/05. So when we sent in our joint I-751 package on 8/17/05 we sent in the joint grant deed for the house, joint mortgage monthly statements for the loans on both our 1st & 2nd loans, and joint monthly statements for our home owners association dues. We also sent in joint utility bills for our new house such as water, gas/electric, & trash. All of the above things we sent were for only 5 months from 3/25/05 thru 8/17/05 which is the time peroid we owned our home before we sent in our I-751. My concern is that we don't have anything that shows we had a house payment, paid rent, or household utility bills for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage since we lived with my parents to save money. We did however send in other things with our I-751 which we did establish over the 2 1/2 years while living with my parents such as joint checking, joint savings, two life insurance policies, joint medical, dental, vision insurance, joint car insurance, joint ownership of both of our vehiclies, joint ownership of the time share we purchased, joint COSTCO membership, greeting cars sent to the both of us & to one another, pictures of us together in various places alone & with family & friends, passports & airline itnerary that shows we travelled together to Romania at Christmas 2003. We also sent both of our joint credit card statements & copy of our cards, as well as our state/federal taxes from 2002, 2003, 2004. Does anyone think it will be a problem that we don't have any rent to show or utility bills to show for the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage because we lived with my parents? My mom also wrote us a letter stating we lived with her. My husband & I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on 12/13/05.
Sounds like you have more than enough evidence to me!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:51 am
Denis

June wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to me. I guess I am just nervous because my
    > husbands actual CGC expires this coming Sunday, 11/13/05 & all he has
    > will be the NOA that indicates that his CGC is extended for one year. I
    > don't feel real comfortable going out of the country with just his NOA &
    > an expired CGC.

I'm in the same situation but my NOA date at CSC is June 30th. I've just
returned today from the UK and had absolutely no problems at the POE
(Chicago) when I presented the expired GC and NOA.

Denis