CSC- Is 20 to 30 days a joke?

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 6:00 am
Diane M

Eddie and I received our first NOA, dated Feb 23, from the CSC about 3 weeks ago. The
phone recording says that they are taking between 20 and 30 days to process these
claims. It has been 28 days. I've been calling every night, only to get the same
recording, saying it is taking between 20 and 30 days. Then I read here that CSC
seems to be taking 2-3 MONTHS to process files. The timeline web site seems to
indicate that it takes about 50 days on average to get the petitions approved. I
don't quite know what to believe right now, and am wondering if I should start
worrying. No, that's not right. I've already started worrying, and I'm wondering if
it's justified. We have a wedding scheduled for August 26. I thought we had time, but
now I'm wondering... I've been trying to lay low and just not think about it, but...
Any input about the timeline would be appreciated. TIA.

Diane M.

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 11:42 am
Kelly Daken

You Should be fine. We sent our application in on January 12 and our first NOA was
dated the 2nd of February. The trick is that the recording never changed but my
fiancee recieved the second notice for approval on the third of March 2001 which
stated that we had been approved on February 23rd. So you may have been approved
already, just not recieved the notice, thats the best scenerio. I know how you feel
we went through the same emotions but after recieving the approval letter we felt so
relieved. Now we are waiting for the approval to reach Sydney, so I can have my
interview (4 weeks and counting). Kelly (Australia) Ginelle (California)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 3:46 pm
Diane M

Thank you so much. It hadn't occurred to me that they may not update the recording.
I'm going off to work today feeling a bit more hopeful.

Diane M.

Kelly Daken wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >