Crossing the border

Old Jun 9th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

nightwolves20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crossing the border

Hi,i have just got my Canadian permanent residency and want to cross the border to see Buffalo Sabres game but i have convictions from 1996. A DUI and unlawfull wounding. I am deemed rehabilitated and have done the paperwork for my Canadian immigration but does anyone know what i have to do to cross over into USA? Hope someone can give me a clue
Thanks
Neil
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the border

Originally Posted by nightwolves20
I am deemed rehabilitated and have done the paperwork for my Canadian immigration...
That's excellent, congratulations... but it won't make a difference to US immigration.

... does anyone know what i have to do to cross over into USA?
You're going to need to answer the following question when you cross the border: "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for an offense or crime involving moral turpitude or a violation related to a controlled substance; or been arrested or convicted of two or more offenses for which the aggregate sentence to confinement was five years or more..."

Ian
Old Jun 10th 2011, 10:36 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the border

Originally Posted by nightwolves20
Hi,i have just got my Canadian permanent residency and want to cross the border to see Buffalo Sabres game but i have convictions from 1996. A DUI and unlawfull wounding. I am deemed rehabilitated and have done the paperwork for my Canadian immigration but does anyone know what i have to do to cross over into USA? Hope someone can give me a clue
Thanks
Neil
You may want to apply for a visa so they can make a determination on whether or not the wounding offense is a CIMT, if it qualifies as a single petty offense (if a CIMT), and if you require a waiver. If you end up caught misrepresenting something on the I-94W at the border you may be known as the guy who last got into trouble in 2011 instead of the guy who last got in trouble in 1996.