criminal grounds

Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

archimedes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default criminal grounds

Hi everyone and I hope you all stay out of trouble.Please help me out on this one. I am a British citizen, I am planning to travel to the beloved USA to attend the NBA All-Star weekend ,anyway I hope to travel on the VWP. The problem is that I have a criminal record which includes 1)an offence for driving without valid insurance 2) a caution for the same incident for obstructing a constable. I was fined 175 pounds and given 6 points penalty on my driving licence. Where do I stand regarding CIMT and entry to the US.
This incident took place a year ago.
Thanks

Andy
Old Jan 25th 2005, 4:21 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: criminal grounds

Originally Posted by archimedes
Hi everyone and I hope you all stay out of trouble.Please help me out on this one. I am a British citizen, I am planning to travel to the beloved USA to attend the NBA All-Star weekend ,anyway I hope to travel on the VWP. The problem is that I have a criminal record which includes 1)an offence for driving without valid insurance 2) a caution for the same incident for obstructing a constable. I was fined 175 pounds and given 6 points penalty on my driving licence. Where do I stand regarding CIMT and entry to the US.
This incident took place a year ago.
Thanks

Andy
Neither of those offenses appear to be CIMT. You could answer no to the CIMT question on the I-94W form. If they ask you about any arrests, you should be honest. You may want to have the court records with you to show what the charges and dispositions were.
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:41 am
Just Joined

archimedes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: criminal grounds

Originally Posted by crg14624
Neither of those offenses appear to be CIMT. You could answer no to the CIMT question on the I-94W form. If they ask you about any arrests, you should be honest. You may want to have the court records with you to show what the charges and dispositions were.
Thanks for the reply. Well I hope they dont ask me but will get the records before I travel if I can.