Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is this a crime of moral turpitude?

Is this a crime of moral turpitude?

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:39 am
Just Joined

falldown54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this a crime of moral turpitude?

Just been doing some research for my admin to justice class, and was wondering if either of the following crimes are a crime of moral turpitude. I already looked into it, and they are not aggravated felonies (not sure what the diff between CIMT and aggravated felonies is).

California Penal Code 261.5 (Statutory Rape Misdemeanor, less than 3 years age difference)

288a(b)(1) - Oral Copulation With A Minor (below the age of 18)

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a crime of moral turpitude?

Originally Posted by falldown54
Just been doing some research for my admin to justice class, and was wondering if either of the following crimes are a crime of moral turpitude. I already looked into it, and they are not aggravated felonies (not sure what the diff between CIMT and aggravated felonies is).

California Penal Code 261.5 (Statutory Rape Misdemeanor, less than 3 years age difference)

Thanks guys! Appreciate it.
Hello there. Not sure about your question . Time for you to make an app. with an immigration attorney. From what I think Rape falls under CIMT. Please , you need to discuss this with experienced immigration attorney
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

falldown54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by milan79
Hello there. Not sure about your question . Time for you to make an app. with an immigration attorney. From what I think Rape falls under CIMT. Please , you need to discuss this with experienced immigration attorney
Not facing this charge or anything; simply doing a little law research. Sorry, I noticed I left the question out of the thread.

So the question:

Is 288a(b)(1) (California Penal Code) a crime of moral turpitude?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Even if the minor willingly participated, a minor can't legally give consent... so both are CIMTs.

Ian
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:55 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Not facing this charge or anything; simply doing a little law research. Sorry, I noticed I left the question out of the thread.

So the question:

Is 288a(b)(1) (California Penal Code) a crime of moral turpitude?
I'm sorry, this site is not meant for doing class research, it is meant to assist people in helping themselves with their own immigration journeys. Please ask an immigration attorney this question. That is the only person who can really help you anyway...most of us on here are just laymen and do not know exact laws, which does not help you in your research.

I'm closing this thread.

Thank you,
Rene