Couple of Questions on Forms

Old Aug 7th 2001, 12:20 am
Kujib

First of all..... What Forms do my fiance and I need for her to get over here. This
is the plan. Im alittle rusty on the visa thing by the way. but anyway... I plan on
going over in Dec to get married in a civil marriage in Scotland. Or the UK if it
makes it easier for anyone. We plan on living in the USA as im a Citizen. We know it
takes awhile for her to get her visa this way but its the only way we can do it. So
we know the drawback of being aparrt and crap.

We do have two forms that we know we need. The I-130 and the G-325A. And I have some
questions on these.
* In the information about your relative in section C number 1, it askes for their
last name. Do we put her knew last name as we would be married or her maden name?
* Section C number 6, Martial status. We would put Married right?
* Section C number 8, Date and place of present marriage. I just dont get this one.
* Section C numbers 9 and 10. How would we put a Social Security number or an Alien
Registration Number if the point of doing this application is to get one? any input
on that one would be helpful. *Section C number 16. we only do this if the
applicant has children right? *Section C number 20. We will have never lived
together so what would we do there? NA?

IM very sorry for all the questions but its just confusing and any help is greatly
appreciated. Im sure i will have plenty more questions. But this is it for now. Thank
You very much Joel(US) and Abby(UK)

Old Aug 7th 2001, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't send in the I-130 until after you are married. Therefore, the information you need to put in will be the whatever is correct on the day of filing.

So, her last name will be her married name; marital status will be married; date & place of present marriage will be the date and place of YOUR marriage to her; for SSN and ARN, just put 'none' if you don't have one (some applicants already have these). Regarding the address where you lived together, you could put the address of the place you spend together after your wedding (her current residence, perhaps?), or you could put 'none - newly wed' - there's no harm in telling the truth as it is.

BTW, you can marry anywhere in the United Kingdom, but it probably is a little easier to marry in Scotland as there is a much shorter residency requirement and you can get the marriage certificate the next day.

Good luck with the process!
Old Aug 7th 2001, 1:54 am
Lisac77

>
    >
or
    >

Put her married name under "name" and her maiden name under "all other names used"

>

Yes

>
get
    >

Put the date and the place where you got married.

>
or
    >
    >

If she has none then put "NONE"

>
over
    >
    >
    >
plan
    >