convicted felon

Old Jun 18th 2005, 2:24 am
Lee B.

Default convicted felon

Can a convicted felon from the U.S. get a visa?

Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:19 am
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: convicted felon

Originally Posted by Lee B.
Thats a funny question, but the answer is very obvious. Just look around you, people alot of times get away with murder in this country. So you think someone with a mere felony cant get a visa? please!!.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that depends on which country this 'convicted felon from the US' would need a visa to.

Elaine
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange question for a marriage-based US visa forum. LOL
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

This forum is about US law. Certain felonies, not most, might prevent you from getting a US passport to have the visa endorsed therein. Also, US law requires citizens to have a passport to leave the US unless otherwise exempted.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

a) That depends on which country you want to go to.
b) You need to find out their laws concerning visa issuance.

On a lighter note, I think all convicted felons should be chemically castrated or, even better, physically castrated... without anesthetic. But hey, that's just me!

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2005, 4:04 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
a) That depends on which country you want to go to.
b) You need to find out their laws concerning visa issuance.

On a lighter note, I think all convicted felons should be chemically castrated or, even better, physically castrated... without anesthetic. But hey, that's just me!

Ian
You could be snipping a lot of people considering almost everyone who is living and working unlawfully in the US is committing a felony or two by doing so.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg14624
You could be snipping a lot of people considering almost everyone who is living and working unlawfully in the US is committing a felony or two by doing so.
Perhaps... but they're not convicted are they?

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:59 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Perhaps... but they're not convicted are they?

Ian
So, you don't have a problem if they commit a felony and get away with it. Your problem is with those who get caught. :-P
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Care to specify? Just curious.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I'm curious too, because I thought that unlawful presence was a violation of Administrative law, but does not fall under the penal code.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:30 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I'd wager that a large percentage of illegal aliens are using fraudulent social security numbers. There are sold like hotcakes on the streets of every large city. Using a number that has not been assigned to them by the Commissioner of Social Security is a felony pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 408(a)(7)(B).

Use of a false number or counterfeit social security card is a felony pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 1546. Subsection 1546(b) makes it a felony offense to use a false identification document, or misuses a real one, for the purpose of satisfying the employment verification provisions in 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(b).

1546 also covers those who enter using false documents, or imposters to genuine documents.

Then there is 18 USC 1001 which covers false statement to a federal officer. So lying at the border to gain admission, such as claiming to be a US citizen, could constitute a felony.

I suppose someone could enter without inspection. Many of those have previous orders of deportation. Seeking entry, trying to enter without inspection, or being inside the US after being ordered deported is a felony pursuant to 18 USC 1326.

Working and not paying taxes could lead to felony tax evasion.

It would be difficult for an illegal alien to enter, and find work without committing at least one felony. They either provide false documents and lie on the I-9, or they evade taxes.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Your problem is with those who get caught. :-P
Not only caught, but convicted. So far, those who have responsed to my post have ignored the "convicted" aspect of the equation. I was quite clear in my original post!

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

why don't you just marry her?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:44 am
Lee B.

what difference does it make. I am enjoying all the banter but you are all
over looking one point; none of you have answered the damn question! All
there is so far is a lot of rhetorical bull shit. Answered the question and
then make all the jokes you want. So far the joke is on you. And just for
the person who asked what was the felony for, I shot to assholes for asking
too many questions. How's that for a laugh!!!!

Before I close, for the person or people who think anyone who commits a
crime is better suited for the gallows, I guess you never made a mistake
before. Gee, I wish I was as perfect as some of you then I could walk on
water with you. I was abandon at the age of 13 and did the best I could
with what I had to work with which wasn't much. Worked in the oil fields
when I was 16, only collected unemployment once in my life. Now I am back
in college going for my masters degree in counseling. And yes I did shoot
someone, twice in fact and if I catch him putting his, or anyone else's,
hands on my daughter again guess what, they are history as well. My
daughter was 14 when she was rapped. Stick that in your self righteous pipe
and blow it out your ---!

phatdaddy:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.