Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Contacting State Senator for N-400 delayed processing

Contacting State Senator for N-400 delayed processing

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of
Default Contacting State Senator for N-400 delayed processing

Hi All, I filed my N-400 application on June 30th, 2005, received the NOA on July 2nd, 2005, saw that my check had been cashed on July 12th, 2005 and so far, no more information from USCIS. I noticed that my case date was way behind NC's processing times shown which are November 29th, 2005. I called the 1800-misinformation line and they gave me their usual generic line they use, even though I told them that the NOA letter said to call if the processing times shown exceed your priority date by more than 30 days(In my case, it had exceeded them by 5 months). Anyhow, I faxed a letter to my senator here in NC about 6 days ago and have heard nothing as of yet. By me contacting my senator, will this really speed things up? Does the senator contact the Charlotte office or me? Anyone else have any experiences with situations like this? Thanks,
Taterbug
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Taterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud ofTaterbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contacting State Senator for N-400 delayed processing

Originally Posted by Taterbug
Hi All, I filed my N-400 application on June 30th, 2005, received the NOA on July 2nd, 2005, saw that my check had been cashed on July 12th, 2005 and so far, no more information from USCIS. I noticed that my case date was way behind NC's processing times shown which are November 29th, 2005. I called the 1800-misinformation line and they gave me their usual generic line they use, even though I told them that the NOA letter said to call if the processing times shown exceed your priority date by more than 30 days(In my case, it had exceeded them by 5 months). Anyhow, I faxed a letter to my senator here in NC about 6 days ago and have heard nothing as of yet. By me contacting my senator, will this really speed things up? Does the senator contact the Charlotte office or me? Anyone else have any experiences with situations like this? Thanks,
Taterbug
Any input here guys? Mr. F? Mr. Mudall?