Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Contacting congressman or Office of Service Center Operations

Contacting congressman or Office of Service Center Operations

Old Dec 6th 2002, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

dfcdfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contacting congressman or Office of Service Center Operations

My 129F visa is taking way too long with Vermont which claims to be the fastest. I see many people getting approval waiting under 30 days with maximum being 42-46 days. Mine is now taking 72 days....

Calling Vermont does not help since they are just saying that the security check is now taking much longer.

Should I try contacting my congressman or it might result in INS telling me in any future inquires to contact my congressman since I chose to involve his office? Is that true?

Also, what about complaining to Office of Service Center Operations? Are they helpful ?

Any info is greatly appreciated I am a little jealous to see people getting approvals who applied one month after me.

Thanks!! Dmitry

NOA1 -Sep24
Fiancee from Belarus
Old Dec 6th 2002, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contacting congressman or Office of Service Center Operations

I would get in contact with your rep. Make sure that you email them and clearly state your timeline. The importance of getting in touch with your rep is not necessarily to put yourself in front of others but rather if they get enough requests they will eventually get tired and have someone investigate what the hell is going on at that facility.

With Vermont I rarely see that problem, but I am also told that reps are very much " on top " of that service center. Imagine New York is one of the states that is handled by that center so they must also get flooded with pettions, yet they have a good handle onthe process and usually are very good about being quick. I see unfortunately you are correct regarding your timeline being " off" in comparison with the typical times posts for this service center. But I don't think it will hurt to contact the congressman. They should be kept abreast of our tax dollars not being used as they should be.

Ange

Originally posted by dfcdfc
My 129F visa is taking way too long with Vermont which claims to be the fastest. I see many people getting approval waiting under 30 days with maximum being 42-46 days. Mine is now taking 72 days....

Calling Vermont does not help since they are just saying that the security check is now taking much longer.

Should I try contacting my congressman or it might result in INS telling me in any future inquires to contact my congressman since I chose to involve his office? Is that true?

Also, what about complaining to Office of Service Center Operations? Are they helpful ?

Any info is greatly appreciated I am a little jealous to see people getting approvals who applied one month after me.

Thanks!! Dmitry

NOA1 -Sep24
Fiancee from Belarus
Old Dec 6th 2002, 12:26 pm
Rc

Dmitry,

You are not alone with the wait from VSC.
This is my 71st day....
Complaining is not going to help..You could contact the Congressmans
office in your area and inquire about your case.
Be nice to them..a negative tone will get you no where.
Yes,you are right..there are some that have been approved who sent in
thier I-129F way after us...

I have noticed that approvals take longer if your fiance is from such
countries as Russia,China and parts of Southeast Asia.

My advice : Be patient

RC

Old Dec 6th 2002, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ange!

That's what I heard about Vermont too. But I guess it not always true. Now, the process for others definitely does not take 3 weeks like it used to.

I don't mind them taking long time and making sure that we let the right people in the country, but just tell us the status.... When I called, the standard "still pending" and "that's all I know" is not satisfying.

Thanks again and good luck with TSC!
Old Dec 6th 2002, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks RC,

it's a little more encouraging to see that other people are waiting too and not just me. I was looking at http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php and did not see anybody who applied w/VSC in September and did not get the approval yet.

If you wish you may post your info on this great site.
What's your fiancee country?

Thanks!