Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

The consulate does contact you right?

The consulate does contact you right?

Old May 12th 2002, 2:20 pm
Unique

Default The consulate does contact you right?

Just to alay my fears. After the initial I-129f approval, the foregin consualr
office recieves the package, they 'will' contact you wont they? Or is it up to me to
chase it up?

Regards Mark

Old May 12th 2002, 2:20 pm
Ranjini

Default Re: The consulate does contact you right?

Yes. You will receive your packet of documents in the mail. But it would be a good
idea to establish some sort of contact with the consulate beforehand, and try to
acquire some sort of knowledge about how they go about things. Ranjini

"unique" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Just to alay my fears. After the initial I-129f approval, the foregin consualr
    > office recieves the package, they 'will' contact you wont they? Or is it up to me
    > to chase it up?
    >
    > Regards Mark

Old May 12th 2002, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

You haven't said which consulate you are dealing with. If it were London, for example, you would be able to open a provisional file - basically by sending in the visa application ahead of petition approval - and this would save you a few weeks by processing the visa at the same time as the petition. Other, but not all, consulates may have similar protocols.

Let us know which consulate and there's bound to be someone here with relevent experience and information.
Old May 12th 2002, 4:20 pm
Just Me

Mark:

Yes they contact you but as Ranjini says, it would be a good idea to contact them
before hand. Also, you may wish to see if they will open a provisional file for the
foreign fiance so you can get things in motion.

If they won't open a provisional for you, see if you can get an idea when the packet
will arive at the foriegn embassy so you can contact them ocasionally without making
them mad at you. If you can know when the packet arives, maybe the foriegn fiance can
go get the packet before they mail it to save some time in the mail.

It's all worth a try. I know at this point for me I will try everything because here
is my timeline

March 22 Mailed I-129F to VSC March 25 Date VSC Received my stuff March 28 First NOA
Date April 2 I received First NOA in the mail Today Still waiting for Second NOA and
going completely mad and my fiance is crying all the time and INS says be patient
while others are approved within 3 weeks who sent them after me.

Bob

Jeffrey Scharpf

Hi Mark,

After I received my notification that my 129 was approved and it was being forwarded
to the US Embassy, it took only a week until my fiance received a notice in the mail,
with instructions, etc. this was in Romania, so I don't know if it's different there.
I waited to fill out the new affidavit of support until she actually had that notice,
just to be sure everything was up to date.

jeff

Just Me

Mark:

Yes they contact you but as Ranjini says, it would be a good idea to contact them
before hand. Also, you may wish to see if they will open a provisional file for the
foreign fiance so you can get things in motion.

If they won't open a provisional for you, see if you can get an idea when the packet
will arive at the foriegn embassy so you can contact them ocasionally without making
them mad at you. If you can know when the packet arives, maybe the foriegn fiance can
go get the packet before they mail it to save some time in the mail.

It's all worth a try. I know at this point for me I will try everything because here
is my timeline

March 22 Mailed I-129F to VSC March 25 Date VSC Received my stuff March 28 First NOA
Date April 2 I received First NOA in the mail Today Still waiting for Second NOA and
going completely mad and my fiance is crying all the time and INS says be patient
while others are approved within 3 weeks who sent them after me.

Bob

Old May 13th 2002, 3:20 am
Aangiela

Mickey received his packet 3 a week after I heard the approval over the phone. We
were about to open a provisional file, but the packet came first. Like other
posters have indicated, it's gonna depend on which consulate you are using. We
filed through NSC, and are using the London consulate. We're still waiting for his
interview date, though.

Angie

Old May 13th 2002, 5:20 am
William Dagenha

Hi,

Our experience was that it was very important to write to the consulate and not wait
for them to write to you.

I wrote an email to the embassy to check whether they had received our I-129F package
about 2 weeks after it was approved and then kept writing every week or two until
they answered my email and said that it arrived 5 weeks after the approval. They
scheduled an interview appointment then and notified us of the date by email to me.

It was good that I wrote. Our I-129F was approved 23 October and my fiancee did not
receive anything from the embassy until 6 Feb, the day before she left to go to her
the interview in Moscow. But that is Russia. The embassy claims they sent her a
package earlier. Maybe they did and it was lost. Who knows.

We found the email address for the embassy, along with useful information about the
interview requirements on the embassy web site (use google or something to find it).
I am sure it is different at different embassies.

Good Luck David

unique <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Just to alay my fears. After the initial I-129f approval, the foregin consualr
    > office recieves the package, they 'will' contact you wont they? Or is it up to me
    > to chase it up?
    >
    > Regards Mark

Old May 13th 2002, 9:20 am
Unique

The consualate is in Perth, Western Australia. I will contact them to see how things
are going in a few weeks maybe. There is no real rush. We have been planning this for
the last 2 years and a bit more of a wait isnt too hard on either of us. Im quite
happy to spend the extra time working here and saving money.

Thankyou for all your replies.

Regards Mark

"unique" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > to chase it up?
    >
    > Regards Mark