Consulate Crap!!

Old Dec 13th 2002, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

waiting4T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Consulate Crap!!

More waiting and waiting and waiting. About 2 weeks ago i emailed the consulate and asked them why my fiance had not recieved anything from them . They finally replied to me and said that they sent her the packet three 1 month before. So either they never sent it or she didn't get it somehow. So after 2 months of waisted time because of those idiots. I had to find out something was screwed up.

So she had to go to the consulate and request the paperwork, they would only give her the Ds-230 and that is it. They will not give her anything else, she askes them for the checklist and i ask them but they will not give it to her. She has everything for the interview already and we want to turn everything in so that we can have the interview. But the people that work at the consulate are bastards.

Now they said they are going to schedule an interview, in 3 months. So am i very pissed off, because my approval notice from the INS expires on 02/10/03, and i requested that they schedule the interview before that date, but they will not do it. My senator has been emailing them and they never will answer her. I am getting very very mad. if they won't let me have the interview sooner, then it will be 9 months total from the day i turned all the paperwork in to the INS to the interview.

I just wish i could corner some of the employees that work for these agencies and beat the crap out of them. I think that would make me feel a lot better.
Old Dec 13th 2002, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default Re: Consulate Crap!!

waiting4T, i am sorry to hear your story. i am sure you two have a hard time of waiting in that 9 months. i suggest you and your fiancee keep in touch more oftenly with the consulate your fiancee is dealing with. everytime she send something there, call again to check in 2-3 days. or if you think you have waited little bit too long than you suppose to, for something they send her, call again. call them by phone and write down the name of the person and the date you talk with her/him (so if anything goes wrong you can blame somenbody hehehe) therefore, you can avoid this situation happens again.

btw, what consulate is your fiancee dealing with?

good luck,
anggraeni
Old Dec 14th 2002, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

The consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. They are a bunch of idiots.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

lil_tone76 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that the Ho Chi Minn Consulate is not being really cooperative. Hard enough that you had to wait for 9 months but I am sure things will work out in the end(if that helps at all, yikes!!)
I went through Montreal, Canada and they were wonderful. Everyone of them!!!! Whenever I had a question and emailed them, they replied promptly(say if the email was sent in the morning, the reply would come in around noon) and reaching them by phone was easy just as well.
Well, I hope you get everything sorted out pretty soon...call them up and request them for an interview sooner, if possible.
Also, regarding your approval notice, the consulate will revalidate it at the time of her interview so you don't have to worry about that. You should include a letter of intent(if you haven't, that is) and in the letter, request that they extend the approval if it has been expired by the time of her interview.
I hope this helps...good luck with everything.

Originally posted by waiting4T
More waiting and waiting and waiting. About 2 weeks ago i emailed the consulate and asked them why my fiance had not recieved anything from them . They finally replied to me and said that they sent her the packet three 1 month before. So either they never sent it or she didn't get it somehow. So after 2 months of waisted time because of those idiots. I had to find out something was screwed up.

So she had to go to the consulate and request the paperwork, they would only give her the Ds-230 and that is it. They will not give her anything else, she askes them for the checklist and i ask them but they will not give it to her. She has everything for the interview already and we want to turn everything in so that we can have the interview. But the people that work at the consulate are bastards.

Now they said they are going to schedule an interview, in 3 months. So am i very pissed off, because my approval notice from the INS expires on 02/10/03, and i requested that they schedule the interview before that date, but they will not do it. My senator has been emailing them and they never will answer her. I am getting very very mad. if they won't let me have the interview sooner, then it will be 9 months total from the day i turned all the paperwork in to the INS to the interview.

I just wish i could corner some of the employees that work for these agencies and beat the crap out of them. I think that would make me feel a lot better.
Old Dec 16th 2002, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I know you want her yesterday if not sooner. But you've got an extreme attitude problem. I've been doing this stuff for 27 years and the consulate here strikes me as quite cooperative.

Its OK to be PO'd at the delay -- but the Consulate is helping you to fix the problem.

Also, it is normal for visa issuance to take place AFTER the purported expiry of the visa petition -- the Consulates have the authority, which they exercise of extending the visa petition validity.

The ONLY thing that the consulate needs back from her now is that DS230 form -- they are telling you something. If it makes you feel better, she should send in a letter saying she has all the documents and is therefore "documentarily qualified." [A year ago I did the "documentarily qualfied" message via E-MAIL due to the fact that we were 2 days before the cutoff for the consulate to request visa numbers to set appointments for the following month -- which happens on the 5th day of the month. San Salvador acted on my e-mail much to my delight and surprise. I tried that under the rubric of "nothing to lose by trying" and I was quite polite and explained my reasoning].

Calm down -- she is on the road to the US. I hope you are just venting here -- but do remember that the consulate has total power over your loved one's application. Honey works a lot better than vinegar.
Old May 4th 2003, 5:30 am
Members

mrvietnam2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just wondering if your wait is over. I filed Oct 11th for my fiance and was represented by Marc Ellis Esq with regards to the applicayion filings etc.

My wife ( now) and I had our interview 3/26 and we flew home to Florida 2 days later.

True the consulate is not helpful, but it definitely needs to be handled diplomatically and it sounds like your senator has not been a help. Have you tried calling your Congressman?

Regards
Tom and Hanh
Port Charlotte
Old May 4th 2003, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

everything is done now, intererview was in march.
Old May 5th 2003, 5:19 am
Daniel Sturgeon

Remember that the people actually doing most of the work at the
consulates are FSNs or Foreign Service Nationals. They are citizens
of the country where the embassy or consulate is located. The FSO's
or Foreign Service Officers are Americans - they actually adjucate
applications and conduct interviews - they make the decisions.
May this help you decide who to cuss...

Daniel