Consular processing questions

Old Jul 2nd 2019, 10:07 am
Just Joined

brian3kb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Consular processing questions

Hi all, we are finally seeing some movement - our i140 petition was recently approved and we are currently waiting for the paperwork to be transferred from USCIS to the London NVC. I have been searching through past posts, but most of the cases are regarding family i130's or adjustment of status for those already in the US.

Here's what I'm struggling to find answers on at the moment:

1. On the medical chart, it says we all need to have had the Varicella chicken pox vaccine, but the details doc (https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...r-Aug-2016.pdf) states "NOTE: The Varicella vaccination is unavailable in the United Kingdom." -- does this mean we need to arrange to have it privately beforehand? Or that it's not required when doing the medical in the UK?
(I did read this -> Is the Varicella jab required at London Medical but that was from a few years ago) - I have also sent an email to the email address on the visamedicals website, but have not yet had a reply.

2. Assuming medicals and interview go according to plan, does the Embassy keep your passports and return them to you at a later date? Or do you get them straight back after the interview?

3. I have read that the plastic green cards are sent out to you after your first entry at a US border, do these get sent to a UK or a US address? As we won't have a fixed address when we first enter.
If they can only be sent to a US address, can this be the company head office?

4. How long after green card approval do you have to do the first entry? I have read in places that it's 6 months, and others that it's the date the medical that took place in London expires.

Many thanks for any help on these (even if its a link to a post/thread I've missed in my searching).

Brian.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consular processing questions

1, You will receive a waiver for the vaccines that are not available in the UK. If I recall, my CR1 visa was endorsed with said waiver.

2. They keep them for final processing (which includes affixing the visa to your passport) and they are then couriered back to you.

3. US address. I would recommend setting up a PO Box at your local Post Office immediately so you have a US based address. I don't see why it couldn't be your office though.

4. Six months from the date of the medical, which is why we recommend leaving the medical until about 2 weeks before you have the interview so that if gives you enough time to use the visa, and enough time for the results to reach them for your interview.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that! - one more on the US address, if we have the plastic green cards mailed to a US address (I'm going to try and use the work office as its always manned other than on the holidays), if they arrive while we are in the UK finishing up the move logistics, can we still enter without them on the visa that will be in the passport (provided its still in date of course)?

Thanks again!
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:38 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

In the case of an IR/CR1 you can, since the endorsed visa serves as a temporary green card for 1 year and states so on the visa.

I'm not sure about your specific visa class, but I have to believe that the same applies since it is you are a PR upon entry.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian3kb
Thanks for that! - one more on the US address, if we have the plastic green cards mailed to a US address (I'm going to try and use the work office as its always manned other than on the holidays), if they arrive while we are in the UK finishing up the move logistics, can we still enter without them on the visa that will be in the passport (provided its still in date of course)?

Thanks again!
FYI It is not really plastic and it is not green but it will not be mailed until you have entered the US and used your one time visa that is placed in your passport.

Others have used their office address and it was fine. BTW the I-551 stamped in your passports will be your green card until yours arrives in the mail.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:40 am
Often not so civil...

FYI It is not really plastic and it is not green but it will not be mailed until you have entered the US and used your one time visa that is placed in your passport.
Have they changed them again in the last couple years? Mine most certainly was both green and plastic!
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:50 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Have they changed them again in the last couple years? Mine most certainly was both green and plastic!
I'm remembering my husband's as being yellowish/white and it was not the plastic of a credit card but a slightly more paperish and laminated card.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 11:52 am
Often not so civil...

Yep they changed from the white ones some time age. When I admitted in 2013, mine was green and was similar to a credit card in size and materials.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...d-specimen.png
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Just got this reply from visamedicals

Myself, the wife and my 4yo son have had chickenpox, but my 8yo daughter has not - so we'll try to get her vaccinated through SuperDrug beforehand.