Congress involvement

Old Dec 5th 2002, 7:39 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congress involvement

Ok, I run the risk of starting a message war here, but I just thought I'd let you know the situation.

Corey and I were getting cheesed off with waiting, so rather than sit on our butts, we decided to contact his local congress office about a week ago. After talking with a lady there, within 5 minutes, she gave me information I've been trying to get for weeks. She told me our case was pending with an officer, and TSC are aware it's taking a long time. She asked us to fax our 1st NOA along with a short note as to why we were requesting info on our case. After several attempts to fax through and failing, (I think there was someone from TSC hiding in the machine and stealing the darn thing!!! LOL!!), we finally got through on Tuesday, and the lady said she'd get right on it. Surprise, surprise, we were approved as of yesterday.

I took Matt's advice just now, and called them to thank them for their time, and asked if their involvement had any knock on effect, and here's what she said:

"As far as getting your case pushed ahead of anyone, ie, if you'd ONLY JUST filed, no, but your case somehow fell through the cracks, and should have been approved a while ago. Our phonecall brought this to their attention, and your case was expedited because of this. Congratulations!!"

Who says getting the big boys involved doesn't help? It just goes to show that speaking up DOES help. If we hadn't contacted them, I believe that we'd still be waiting after Xmas. And now, I don't think it's a coincidence that other people who have done this have been approved due to the timing. If your case is getting to the outside timeframe, get someone involved!!!! All they can do is say it's too early, but my situation is proof enough that you shouldn't sit around just waiting.

Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Dec 5th 2002 at 7:47 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I also, after about 155 days, contacted my congressman for assistance. I faxed the Consituent Assitance form with my First NOA on November 21st and received a letter from them 2 days later saying that my paperwork went to an officer on October 31st and they would notify me again when they received updated information. My paperwork was approved on November 27th.

I also believe that if I wouldn't have contacted my congressman, we'd still be waiting. I know a lot of people frown upon taking this short of action when we are all waiting, but I believe there is a difference between being naggy and being proactive. Most of us who resort to this action are one's who have waiting well past the time the "estimated" and are seeing lots of people approved who had receipt dates well after ours.