Confused.

Old Nov 22nd 2018, 11:16 am
Just Joined

P-don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused.

I've just received my Police Certificate back from ACPO and it says "NO LIVE TRACE." I was convicted of possession of cannabis many years ago and got a £80 fine and also had a couple of cautions before that. I thought the whole point of getting the certificate is that it lists your criminal history and you then use the information in your visa application.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 11:39 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused.

Originally Posted by P-don
I've just received my Police Certificate back from ACPO and it says "NO LIVE TRACE." I was convicted of possession of cannabis many years ago and got a £80 fine and also had a couple of cautions before that. I thought the whole point of getting the certificate is that it lists your criminal history and you then use the information in your visa application.
Your convictions are now so old that ACPO no longer lists them on the certificate. However you do need that certificate and you also still need to detail your convictions in full, so your next step is to apply for a Subject Access Request from ACPO (or from the local police and courts that convicted you).
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 12:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Under UK law your conviction has been ‘stepped down’ and so won’t appear on your ACRO certificate. ‘No Live Trace’ lets the embassy concerned know that you do have a stepped down offence. A SAR will give you the specifics if it’s deemed necessary.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Your convictions are now so old that ACPO no longer lists them on the certificate. However you do need that certificate and you also still need to detail your convictions in full, so your next step is to apply for a Subject Access Request from ACPO (or from the local police and courts that convicted you).
Originally Posted by BritInParis
Under UK law your conviction has been ‘stepped down’ and so won’t appear on your ACRO certificate. ‘No Live Trace’ lets the embassy concerned know that you do have a stepped down offence. A SAR will give you the specifics if it’s deemed necessary.
Thanks for your quick replies, i've just put in a SAR request.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Assuming this is related to immigrating to the US, a reasonable assumption, wonder of the OP is aware of the issues.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 2:21 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Assuming this is related to immigrating to the US, a reasonable assumption, wonder of the OP is aware of the issues.
Seems so:

P-don's question about ESTA, B visa, and American father
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

I am not so certain, time will tell.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

I only want a visa to visit without any issues not to stay.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

D3 can waive most things. Let us know how it goes.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

I had my interview today and was recommended a waiver for the drug convictions, kinda lucky because the guy who interviewed told me he would ignore that i had twice travelled on an ESTA.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P-don
I had my interview today and was recommended a waiver for the drug convictions, kinda lucky because the guy who interviewed told me he would ignore that i had twice travelled on an ESTA.
That is very lucky indeed. He must have liked you.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
That is very lucky indeed. He must have liked you.
Totality of circumstances, including dress and overall response/demeanor at interview, no doubt.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

Looking at it another way the waiver is the same and the real issue is the drugs.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy for you that it was good news. Thanks for the update.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Looking at it another way the waiver is the same and the real issue is the drugs.
It's not totally the same though - waiver for misrep means all immigrant visas are basically out unless OP can demonstrate extreme hardship. I realise it's probably immaterial in this case but it's always good if a waiver for that can be avoided. A single possession of cannabis conviction can however be waived somewhat easily for an immigrant visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.