confused

Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

jojoquintero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused

hi
i really need some clarification as so far im getting mixed information from INS in Vermount service center.

i am a US citizen my wife is a irish we filled for i-130 they recieved it in May got the recipt on June 7 2007.

i telephoned the service center in vermont to see if they need me to do any thing else they said no they will be in touch. (in june)

i telephoned them last week and they have told me that i need to fill out the following forms and send them to chicago along with a copy of my recipt for the I-130.

FORMS :I-864 AFFIDAVIDT OF SUPPORT
I-824 APPLICATION FOR AN ACTION ON AN APPROVED PETITION
I-485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE
I-131 APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT
I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

we dont have a problem filing these forms but we want to make sure that this is correct procedure.

can any body out there give me the correct procedure.
thanks
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused

Originally Posted by jojoquintero
hi
i really need some clarification as so far im getting mixed information from INS in Vermount service center.

i am a US citizen my wife is a irish we filled for i-130 they recieved it in May got the recipt on June 7 2007.

i telephoned the service center in vermont to see if they need me to do any thing else they said no they will be in touch. (in june)

i telephoned them last week and they have told me that i need to fill out the following forms and send them to chicago along with a copy of my recipt for the I-130.

FORMS :I-864 AFFIDAVIDT OF SUPPORT
I-824 APPLICATION FOR AN ACTION ON AN APPROVED PETITION
I-485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE
I-131 APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT
I-765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

we dont have a problem filing these forms but we want to make sure that this is correct procedure.

can any body out there give me the correct procedure.
thanks
I don't think you called the Vermont Service Center. I don't think the service centers can be called directly. I think you might have called the 800 number for USCIS, which is not a very reliable source for information.

Anyway, is your wife in the USA, or in Ireland? If she's in the USA, what's her status here? That will make a big difference as to what your next steps will be.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

SHE IS IN IRELAND
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

SHE IS IN IRELAND
You cannot file the forms they advised. Your wife is in Ireland, so you have done things correctly so far. You filed an I-130 petition. When that petition is approved, you will receive correspondence from National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire. You will pay some fees and complete the I-864 Affidavit of Support.

The file will then be transferred to London, and your wife will receive her immigrant visa application forms. She will fill those out, get a police report, have a medical exam done, and then attend an interview in London.

If approved, she will receive an immigrant visa and come to the USA using that visa. She will become a permanent resident upon entry to the USA, and can then live and work in the USA.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:25 pm

Just to be more clear, there is nothing else you need to do at this point. Right now you are just waiting to receive some paperwork from NVC.

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

thanks i thought that was the way it worked .
do you have any idea of the approximate time line on how long it will take until we hear back from them?

thanks again
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

California_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud ofCalifornia_Bound has much to be proud of

thanks i thought that was the way it worked .
do you have any idea of the approximate time line on how long it will take until we hear back from them?

thanks again
I can offer you some words from my experience, as I went through the same process that you're currently undertaking.

My wife is a US citizen, and I am a british citizen. We now live together in California after going through the immigration process.

My wife filed the I-130 in August 2005 through the California Service Center. My wife recieved a notice stating the application had been recieved in January 2006. In the UK, I recieved the next phase of the process (the choice of agent form) In march 2006. At around the same time, you should recieve the Affidavit of support (I-864).

Now, this was some time ago, and it was going through a different service center, though hopefully this should give you a rough guide. This link should lead you in the right direction for waiting times for your individual case:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...000ecd190aRCRD

C_B
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by California_Bound
Now, this was some time ago, and it was going through a different service center, though hopefully this should give you a rough guide. This link should lead you in the right direction for waiting times for your individual case:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...000ecd190aRCRD
jojo,

When viewing the processing times link that CB provided, keep in mind that has no reflection on your particular case. That is USICS' estimated longest time of processing, and they estimate 6 months. In reality, it can take a lot less than that.

Rene
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all your answers
i just have one more question i forgot to mention earlier my wife lived in america on a Q2 visa- Walsh Visa (work based visa for only irish citizen passed by senetor Walsh)for a year half she then returned to ireland america. she know has a tourist visa it expires in oct 2007 as you know she lives in ireland would this have any impact on the Visa basically im just trying to make sure we are on the right track.:

thanks Guys
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:33 pm

thanks for all your answers
i just have one more question i forgot to mention earlier my wife lived in america on a Q2 visa- Walsh Visa (work based visa for only irish citizen passed by senetor Walsh)for a year half she then returned to ireland america. she know has a tourist visa it expires in oct 2007 as you know she lives in ireland would this have any impact on the Visa basically im just trying to make sure we are on the right track.:

thanks Guys
No, her previous visa, and her current tourist visa, have no impact on the visa she is now applying for.

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

thanks im s o glad to have found this forum