Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Conflicting timelines @ Dave Hollis ???

Conflicting timelines @ Dave Hollis ???

Old Jul 17th 2003, 5:51 am
Olivia

Default Conflicting timelines @ Dave Hollis ???

I'm somewhere between confused and really really angry.

When I sort the Dave Hollis site by 1st NOA like this:
http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...firstnoa&dir=1 I notice
that two couples whose cases were received after ours (1st NOAs of
03/22/2003-Phillipines, and 03/20/2003-Russia) have already been
approved, yet there is no news of my case at all. I've been checking
my case status online twice a day at least and now I'm wondering if it
just slipped through the cracks or what.

Anyone know how the physical process of file reviewing is actually
like in the CSC? Are cases truly dealt with chronologically or are
there a bunch of people with stacks of files on their desks all
working at different speeds?

I knew I should have put lollipops in the envelope with our
application!

Olivia
(Montreal)-
James (USC)
1nst NOA March 14th
2nd NOA should have gotten it by now???

Old Jul 17th 2003, 6:06 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Conflicting timelines @ Dave Hollis ???

Originally posted by Olivia
I'm somewhere between confused and really really angry.

When I sort the Dave Hollis site by 1st NOA like this:
http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...firstnoa&dir=1 I notice
that two couples whose cases were received after ours (1st NOAs of
03/22/2003-Phillipines, and 03/20/2003-Russia) have already been
approved, yet there is no news of my case at all. I've been checking
my case status online twice a day at least and now I'm wondering if it
just slipped through the cracks or what.

Anyone know how the physical process of file reviewing is actually
like in the CSC? Are cases truly dealt with chronologically or are
there a bunch of people with stacks of files on their desks all
working at different speeds?

I knew I should have put lollipops in the envelope with our
application!

Olivia
(Montreal)-
James (USC)
1nst NOA March 14th
2nd NOA should have gotten it by now???

oh don't expect to be dealt with chronologically.
it's more like there are a bunch of people with stacks of files on their desks all working at different speeds...

matthew udall has explained how things work several times.
hope this helps:

I just received the latest Processing Time Report from AILA (Thank you AILA). You can visit my page located at, http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm if you are interested in seeing your Service Center Processing Time Report numbers for all case types pending.

You can use the Service Center Processing Time Report to determine two things, 1) has your case been taken off of the shelf yet and given to an officer for processing, and 2) is it overdue. At the CSC, a BCIS officer should approve, deny or request additional evidence within 30 business days of being given your case for adjudication. If your case becomes overdue, than at that time you should notify the CSC to bring this to their attention.

If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is later in time than the date listed for I-129f's on the Service Center Processing Time Report, than your case is still waiting its turn to be assigned to an officer (And therefore it’s obviously not yet overdue). If your "notice" date on your receipt notice is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, than your case has likely been given to an officer for adjudication. I say "likely" because if your case receives an IBIS hit, than you cannot use this report to determine an overdue date as the Service Center Processing Time Reports can only be used for cases that do not receive an IBIS hit. If your case receives an IBIS hit, it will be pulled from the normal stream of cases and will experience a delay; slight to significant until a BCIS officer eventually does the follow up IBIS work required in your case.

Bookmark my page and check it every few days in order to monitor the Service Center Processing Time Reports. New reports are usually issued twice a month, however they sometimes only come out once a month (and sometimes even less frequently).

When you first see a report showing that your "notice" date is earlier in time than the date listed for I-129f's, write down the date of publication of that particular report. Than take your calendar and count off 30 business days from the date of publication of that particular report. That is your "overdue" date and you should note that date on your calendar. Notify the CSC if your case becomes overdue.

Ignore any projected processing times you might find on your receipt notice, that you might read on the BCIS' on-line status checking page or hear on the National Customer Service Center’s automated phone system as those are wild guesses made by BCIS HQ (Not the CSC) and often do not reflect the reality of what is going on at the CSC at any given time. These projected processing times are also subject to change, and are not binding on the BCIS.

Relying on these projected processing times will not give you realistic expectations. Instead, monitor the Service Center Processing Time Reports as that information actually does come from the CSC, it reflects the dates of cases that have been given to an officer for processing, will help you calculate a realistic “overdue� date, and will thus help you achieve realistic expectations.

Don’t make any wedding plans, reservations, quit your job, make travel arrangements, dispose of property, etc., based on projected processing times listed on your receipt notice, listed on the BCIS’ on-line status checking page or mentioned on the automated phone system. If you do, you do so at your own risk.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm