Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Wikiposts

Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:17 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies 'selling' quick K1 Visas???

Originally posted by ray6
Some do say.. I am a cold hearted bastard.. could be thaw then..
Col hearted bastard?? Nah.. Just a bit annoying at times!, You are a good lad at heart
Like my new smileys?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
She asked for opinions and got them. What are you going on about?
I expect they work for one one these business's
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:20 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Col hearted bastard?? Nah.. Just a bit annoying at times!, You are a good lad at heart
Like my new smileys?
Oh God !! its up out of the pit...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:23 am
Just Joined

tellina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Then why don't you buy their services and you can come back and tell us all about it.

If you were very unsure then why even ask? Do you normally spend thousands of dollars with companies you are very unsure of?
Because very unsure doesn't mean completely unsure! The people on this forum are extremely nice, friendly and helpful so I thought that I'd ask for some information on the subect. It would be stupid to spend thousands of dollars with a company that I'm very usure of, hence the research!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:26 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Oh God !! its up out of the pit...

I love this forum!! It is Friday and I am going to Cripple Creek!!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:29 am

Originally posted by tellina
Because very unsure doesn't mean completely unsure! The people on this forum are extremely nice, friendly and helpful so I thought that I'd ask for some information on the subect. It would be stupid to spend thousands of dollars with a company that I'm very usure of, hence the research!
Excuse Leslie, she is usually a very nice girl, she is probably having one of those bad hair days
We are crazy here so.. if you really wanna believe what we told you.. it is up to you, Just kidding!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:59 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Like my new smileys?
Just noticed the new smileys, tweeks
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:17 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Exile
I think that there are many people on this forum is inconclusive at best that these things don't work as there doesn't appear to be a single person here who has tried them. I too am sceptical, but if you - or someone close to you - hasn't had any direct experience with these companies, then I don't think you're qualified to answer the question.

I'd respectfully suggest that if someone asks a genuine question we shouldn't clutter the list with ill-formed, biased guesses.

Andy

With all due respect, Andy, I don't think you can honestly say my response -- or that of the others here -- is "ill-informed" or even "biased".

What is ill-informed about it? Visas are issued by the government, not by some privately-owned business. While an immigration attorney can assist in making sure all your I's are dotted and T's are crossed (something you can do yourself for free, by the way), they cannot GUARANTEE that your visa will have a quick turn-around time, or even be approved for that matter. Do a search of this NG, and you'll see time and again the regularly-posting attorneys say the exact same thing.

The only people who have any say in what happens with your visa is the US government. And as much as we may not like it, it is a huge bureaucratic machine that is sometimes slow and cumbersome. Some people are lucky in getting their visas quickly, some are not.

And how is my response biased? Because I didn't hand over a bunch of money to people who say they can guarantee something which is impossible to guarantee? That's not biased, that's smart.

~ Jenney

ps. If the OP is truly concerned about the legitimacy of these companies, perhaps she should check with the Better Business Bureau.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:20 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
While an immigration attorney can assist in making sure all your I's are dotted and T's are crossed (something you can do yourself for free, by the way), they cannot GUARANTEE that your visa will have a quick turn-around time, or even be approved for that matter. Do a search of this NG, and you'll see time and again the regularly-posting attorneys say the exact same thing.
I happen to agree with your position about whether or not an attorney can get a case moved in front of someone else's case or the part about guaranteed approval, however as far as the dotting of I's and the crossing of T's, it always seems to be suggested that all an attorney is going to do is fill out some forms. Granted that is the first small part of any immigration job, however someone with "experience" will avoid the beginner mistakes that are more likely to occur when one is working on their very first case. Such beginner mistakes can range from how answers are listed on forms, to spotting potential problems and issues that might not be ever contemplated by the beginner. Sure, someone can do their own case (for free) and some even do so without making beginner mistakes that end up slowing down their case, however as the history of postings in this group has shown over the years, simply participating in news groups and reading posts and FAQ pages does not "guarantee" that beginner mistakes won't be made. We see these mistakes reported all the time by those who participate quite frequently in the group.

News group participation is not the equivalent of having someone with experience do the job, and that is something that usually never gets mentioned by the average DIY'er even though history has shown it to be accurate.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jul 2nd 2004 at 12:22 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 7:42 pm

Originally posted by Ranjini
Just noticed the new smileys, tweeks

Old Jul 4th 2004, 1:06 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
I happen to agree with your position about whether or not an attorney can get a case moved in front of someone else's case or the part about guaranteed approval, however as far as the dotting of I's and the crossing of T's, it always seems to be suggested that all an attorney is going to do is fill out some forms. Granted that is the first small part of any immigration job, however someone with "experience" will avoid the beginner mistakes that are more likely to occur when one is working on their very first case.
Matt, I appreciate your comments. Obviously immigration attorneys do a lot more than just proofread applications, and I'm sorry if my post implied that's all they do.

I was more trying to make the point to Andy that NOBODY -- including qualified immigration attorneys with decades of experience under their belts -- can GUARANTEE a quick visa, or even that the visa application will be approved at all. A "guaranteed visa" simply doesn't exist. So advising someone to NOT hand over buckets of money to a company that advertises an ability to guarantee something which cannot be guaranteed is NOT ill-advised nor even biased.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:35 am
Exile

"tellina" wrote
    > Originally posted by Rete
    > > There have been people who
    > have used them over the years. But if you look at the websites you will
    > see several things:
    > Thanks. Seven very good
    > reasons not to use one of these companies!

Agreed! And much better than the original:
<paraphrase>"You must be an idiot to even consider them"</paraphrase>

Andy

Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:37 am
Exile

"Jenney & Mark" wrote:
    > What is ill-informed about it?

You've never used them and so don't know how they work?

> ps. If the OP is
    > truly concerned about the legitimacy of these companies, perhaps she
    > should check with the Better Business Bureau.

I think that's a sensible suggestion and would have been a much better
response.

Andy

Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:31 am
I'm back!

Originally posted by Exile
You've never used them and so don't know how they work?
I've never jumped off a building to see if I can fly, either, but I still know it would be a stupid thing to do. You don't have to have tried something to know whether or not it will work.

All one needs to know (which I and most people on here do) is that a visa approval is NOT guaranteed, nor is a quick visa approval. That's a fact. So again, spending money to acquire a guarantee on something which is impossible to guarantee is NOT ill-informed nor ill-advised.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:58 pm
Andrew DeFaria

tellina wrote:

> Thanks! It did occur to me that the reason that no one on this forum
    > had tried to buy a Visa was that the companies selling them were so
    > efficient that their clients didn't need to look for help on forums
    > such as these. But I didn't dare
    > say so...
    > As I had said, I was very unsure of these companies and I just thought
    > that here may be a good place to ask about them!

I'm quite amazing that such a practice would not strike you are morally,
ethically and legally wrong in the first place!

--
I used to be a bartender at the Betty Ford Clinic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.