Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Coming back to USA after abondoning AOS application

Coming back to USA after abondoning AOS application

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 4:20 am
Baker

Default Coming back to USA after abondoning AOS application

I came to the USA with a k1 visa, got married, and applied for the AOS and waited for
one year, then I left the USA , about a week ago (without the advance parole) now I
want to come back, do I have to go through that long process of getting the visa
again? will it take long? or is there any other way? Do I have to apply for the
immigrant visa? thank you for any help

Old Jun 23rd 2002, 3:20 pm
Chris Parker

Default Re: Coming back to USA after abondoning AOS application

[email protected] (baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I came to the USA with a k1 visa, got married, and applied for the AOS and waited
    > for one year, then I left the USA , about a week ago (without the advance parole)
    > now I want to come back, do I have to go through that long process of getting the
    > visa again? will it take long? or is there any other way? Do I have to apply for
    > the immigrant visa? thank you for any help

Since you never got an Advance Parole, or the Advance Parole has expired, you are out
of luck. You need a K3 visa or an immigrant visa to get back to the U.S. now. You may
also need a FBI and/or local police report covering your period of residence in the
U.S. to satisfy the police certificate requirements for these visas.

CP