Come Dine With Me

Old Oct 7th 2010, 3:33 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come Dine With Me

Originally Posted by bevinva
Is she on youtube? Give us her name and location, PM if necessary.
It was the Bradford episode I havn't seen it cant see it on youtube.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

chrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to allchrisbeale is a name known to all

I was told that they get given certain amount to spend, so they can shop at LIDL or Fortnum & Mason, they make money anyway. I love the commentary though, perfect British cynicism.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Love this show too. Started watching it when in the UK this summer and was delighted to see it on BBCA
This week's episode's "worst recipe" must have been the politician's desert...bananas, tinned mandarin oranges and squirty cream!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:30 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I first saw it in the UK this summer too.

I have just got some myself some new episodes to watch and seen the most awful Italian with awful food and manners. Pretty bad English as well considering he's been in England for 20 years!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I first saw it in the UK this summer too.

I have just got some myself some new episodes to watch and seen the most awful Italian with awful food and manners. Pretty bad English as well considering he's been in England for 20 years!
I've been watching it faithfully ever since we returned to the UK.

Yes, the Italian guy is pretty idiotic. The lady with the pub is worse, Marmite chicken

I love this programme. It appeals to my inner bitch.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 9:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee
I've been watching it faithfully ever since we returned to the UK.

Yes, the Italian guy is pretty idiotic. The lady with the pub is worse, Marmite chicken

I love this programme. It appeals to my inner bitch.
Mine too

I think I would have hated the marmite chicken. She even said that you either love marmite or hate it. If you know there are so many people that hate it - why cook with it?
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Mine too

I think I would have hated the marmite chicken. She even said that you either love marmite or hate it. If you know there are so many people that hate it - why cook with it?
Eeewww...didn;t see the marmite chicken (thankgoodness!) how disgusting!
I like to see what the hosts do for "entertainment" I thought the scantily clad, gold painted women who served the drinks the other day looked revolting and would have certianly put me off my food.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura aboutGannett has a spectacular aura about

My wife and I love this. You get some real characters. Sometimes the names of the dishes are more entertaining than the dishes themselves.

We love Dave Lamb's commentary, not sure how much he writes, but the delivery is perfect!

We downloaded (ahem) one of the 5-episode ones, but found it a bit long and tedious, prefer the condensed hour-long eps on BBC America.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Never even heard of it what night and channel are we talking about!
I couldn't believe that guy threw up during that one episode.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chugabug
I couldn't believe that guy threw up during that one episode.
I know...was pretty funny!
Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:55 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

I also first watched it in the UK this year - my sister is addicted to food programs so it seemed to be on all the time!!

I think you will win if you serve wine......they dont seem to like it so much if there is no alcohol to wash it down with. Some of the people on there are complete cranks tho!!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:15 am

I've been watching some more episodes. Have you seen how many people stir their sauce, gravy etc, taste it, lick the sauce off the spoon and then stick the spoon right back in the pan and carry on stirring? Yak !