Closure to my N400

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Quyrah_RV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Closure to my N400

Well guys,

Looks like my immigration days are over. I received my paper yesterday saying my oath ceremony is on April 28th, 2005. What I find funny is that I have to be there like 2.25 hours before the start. I wrote 2 letters to find out how and why I missed the oath ceremony here in Knoxville in Jan or Feb and got no reply but did get my letter yesterday saying I am to appear in Greenville, TN. So off I'll be and then this trek is over for me. It's been a privelege to help any who are here and I'll probably sneak in from time to time because I know how heart wrenching it can be for those who are separated from their loved ones and are in the beginning processes of this trek.
I hope everyone that really wants to get married for the right reasons gets their dreams to come true.

Many warm wishes to all those I've met on this board and I'll be seeing you around from time to time.

Hugs

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closure to my N400

Congratulations, Quyrah.

The 2.25 hours ahead of time is for the processing that occurs before the oath. Officials from CIS will be there to go over your documentation, check your travel records from after the interview, the name on the certificate, name changes, etc. and this is done for each individual being sworn in that day.

Hope you come back and let us know when you pass the bar and become an attorney. We're off to Montreal and Ottawa for a week on Friday and will have a bit of poutine for you and will bring your regards to your home province.

Best wishes

Rete

Originally Posted by Quyrah_RV
Well guys,

Looks like my immigration days are over. I received my paper yesterday saying my oath ceremony is on April 28th, 2005. What I find funny is that I have to be there like 2.25 hours before the start. I wrote 2 letters to find out how and why I missed the oath ceremony here in Knoxville in Jan or Feb and got no reply but did get my letter yesterday saying I am to appear in Greenville, TN. So off I'll be and then this trek is over for me. It's been a privelege to help any who are here and I'll probably sneak in from time to time because I know how heart wrenching it can be for those who are separated from their loved ones and are in the beginning processes of this trek.
I hope everyone that really wants to get married for the right reasons gets their dreams to come true.

Many warm wishes to all those I've met on this board and I'll be seeing you around from time to time.

Hugs

Quyrah (formerly Mtl, now TN)
RV (formerly TX, now TN)
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closure to my N400

Originally Posted by Quyrah_RV
I received my paper yesterday saying my oath ceremony is on April 28th, 2005.
Congratulations! I also had to appear 2+ hours prior to my oath ceremony. There will be a lot of people there and they need to check everyone to be sure there have been no changes since the interview or that their records are updated. Please don't abandon us once you're done... I have always found your posts to be insightful and useful.

Ian