Cleveland and N-400

Old Mar 6th 2003, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

SundarV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cleveland and N-400

Can people who have applied for Naturalization to NSC through Cleveland post their time line.

My Time Line
PD: Nov 25, 2002
FP: Waiting

Thanks

Sundar
Old Mar 6th 2003, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cleveland and N-400

Originally posted by SundarV
Can people who have applied for Naturalization to NSC through Cleveland post their time line.

My Time Line
PD: Nov 25, 2002
FP: Waiting

Thanks

Sundar
Hi Sundar....

Here is Steve's:

PD: September 13, 2002
FP: December 10, 2002 (Appointment Date January 16, 2003)
Interview: Waiting
Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Called Dave at Regula's office today and he once again took Steve's A# and info, said he'd look into it for me. I stated that Cleveland has too long a wait time, he then said but it handles the state of Ohio....I said well NYC & Chicago have bigger ratio of immigrants and can process them quicker. Also I told him that Cinci handles them as well and can do it much quicker! (That's when he said he'd look into it.)

Will let you know when and what I hear back.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa...Good to see that your congress liason would do something. I contacted Steve LaTourette's office. They are not that helpful. I think my query has just gone into a pile of paper. I am writing a letter to senators. Let us wait and see what happens. We have to keep on bugging these guys.

Sundar

Originally posted by stevelisaw
Called Dave at Regula's office today and he once again took Steve's A# and info, said he'd look into it for me. I stated that Cleveland has too long a wait time, he then said but it handles the state of Ohio....I said well NYC & Chicago have bigger ratio of immigrants and can process them quicker. Also I told him that Cinci handles them as well and can do it much quicker! (That's when he said he'd look into it.)

Will let you know when and what I hear back.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa...Good to see that your congress liason would do something. I contacted Steve LaTourette's office. They are not that helpful. I think my query has just gone into a pile of paper. I am writing a letter to senators. Let us wait and see what happens. We have to keep on bugging these guys.

Sundar
Dave seems to be a pretty good guy (though I'm sure he was saying to himself ....ON NO not you again.....LOL).

I'm actually thinking of writing the NewsNet5 investigatiors.....Cleveland has me really peeved.

BTW the only offices that have longer wait times listed on Shustermans site are:

Denver Colorado 360- 540
NYC New York 304 - 548
New Orleans Louisiana 360 - 570
Harlingen Texas (where the heck is this?) 820

These all make sense as their immigrant ratio to population has to be large.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa,
If you need me to write to NewsNet5, let me know. I would be more than happy to write to them. The way it is looking now I am hoping my future wife can come to Canada as a student. This way at least I will get to meet her often. This wait time is way too long

Sundar
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa...I did write an email to Newsnet 5...Let us see if this fits what they do.

Sundar
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa...I did write an email to Newsnet 5...Let us see if this fits what they do.

Sundar
I sent one as well......maybe they can solve the mystery.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

sam2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

You see I was planning not to loging into any of the immigration related news groups...for a couple of weeks...just to forget about everything....but when I opened browser and tried to pull a site from the history this poped up....so I am in again....

I checked it few days back....My priority date us already around 18 months back. They are saying now around two years for interview from PD....So, probably to get the oath date may be 2 1/2 years....from PD

What a messy state we live in....
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Sam...I am sorry that you are going through the whole wait. I can understand your frustration with the length of the process. I wrote an email to Channel 5 giving this as news idea, I think Lisa also sent email. Maybe you may want to send email to Newsnet5. They contacted me back. I am sure you contacted Congressman and senator. Were they of any help to you? who is your congressman?

Have you thought about going to Cleveland office and checking. I find it puzzling that Cleveland takes this long for naturalization, when I don't many people on net who are applying through Cleveland.

Oh well! I did really consider a job yesterday which would move me out of the area. Unfortunately, it was in Denver area. If they had hired for their Troy, OH division, I may have moved because that will put me in Cinci region. Even thoug the job would be a lateral move or maybe even a little step down.

Hang in there. Hope the interview letter comes soon.

Sundar
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

You see...I went to the congressmans office....Each one of them has a big room...leather chair...one was actually sitting and twisting left set of fingers to the right set of fingures...no work to do.....service was poor. When I asked them to check the status they called the service center and said 'It is waiting on the queue"....I should have done this ...I stopped going there....what a waste of public money. I think congressman has hired his buddies and relatives and they do not want to work....may be true or not true.
Not all the congressman offices are like that...When I applied for green card....I approached another congressman's office long time back and services were excellent. Unfortunately I do not live in that area anymore.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sam..I hear you on the service. My congressman's liason has not been much of help. All she says is it is in the queue. Sometimes I wonder if she even checks anything or just gives a standard answer. It seems like Regula's aid is giving more infor to Lisa.

Regarding congressman hiring their relatives and friends, I think it is pretty true. One of my coworker son worked as intern in a senator's office in Cleveland. He said people did not do much and he was used mainly to go and buy pizza and stuff like that.

It is frustating regarding the helplessness. I guess I have vented enough for today :-).

Sundar
Old Mar 13th 2003, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Senators office is tracking the cases in a computer system. Have you tried writing to them informing them waiting time have grown here for N400 application.... from one year to more than two years attaching the copy of the national processing times.
If lots of people write then they might follow up.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sam2000
Senators office is tracking the cases in a computer system. Have you tried writing to them informing them waiting time have grown here for N400 application.... from one year to more than two years attaching the copy of the national processing times.
If lots of people write then they might follow up.
\
Which Senator? Or Both?

DeWine, Mike - (R - OH)
140 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-2315
E-mail: [email protected]

Voinovich, George - (R - OH)
317 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3353
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Mar 13th 2003, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam..I hear you on the service. My congressman's liason has not been much of help. All she says is it is in the queue. Sometimes I wonder if she even checks anything or just gives a standard answer. It seems like Regula's aid is giving more infor to Lisa.

Regarding congressman hiring their relatives and friends, I think it is pretty true. One of my coworker son worked as intern in a senator's office in Cleveland. He said people did not do much and he was used mainly to go and buy pizza and stuff like that.

It is frustating regarding the helplessness. I guess I have vented enough for today :-).

Sundar
Regula's immigration liason (Dave) does seem to be much better than whoever you both have been dealing with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.