Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:12 pm
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default civil surgeon I-693

When i make an appointment with a civil surgeon on the list,
Do they charge for doing this?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: civil surgeon I-693

Originally Posted by paulNC

Unfortunately, yes, they charge for the medical. You can shop around by calling various doctors on the list and asking what their charges are.

You need the medical to send in with your I-485. Since I don't have a clue what your status is in the US, I'm assuming you are looking to file for adjustment of status because you are married to a USC and that you did not enter with a K-1.

Please correct my assumption if that is incorrect.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:32 pm
Paul NC

paulNC is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, got a quote $150 - $500. Depends on what they need to give me at the time.
How fast does this medical have to be done. Is it any time before interviews or do they need this a.s.a.p?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

How fast does this medical have to be done. Is it any time before interviews or do they need this a.s.a.p?

I wrote:

"You need the medical to send in with your I-485."

You cannot send your I-485 into the USCIS without the medical. If you do, it will be rejected and you will get an RFE to submit it. Your processing will stop until it is received.

I'm sorry I can't be any clearer than that.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:31 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

here in billings, the civil surgeons just opened shop in a community health center, since my family is considered "low income" since i am the only income at the moment, we are on a sliding scale fee and the medical cost us 10$ nothing more nothing less... i think its outrageous the fees you incur while immigrating.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the civil surgeon charges his own fee for the full medical, which you need to submit with your AOS package.

The sealed medical results that you obtain from the civil surgeon need to be included in your whole AOS application package, along with all your other applications and evidence.

Rene