Citizenship awaits....

Old May 3rd 2019, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship awaits....

Hi,

The final hurdle of this wonderful immigration journey... Citizenship! How wonderful!

we should be well customed at forms now so only a few small little questions..

1. When we send documents, birth certificate, etc, are photocopies acceotable. It does not state on the paperwork.

For now, that is all.

See you all on the other side!

Old May 3rd 2019, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship awaits....

Originally Posted by Stribs
Hi,

The final hurdle of this wonderful immigration journey... Citizenship! How wonderful!

we should be well customed at forms now so only a few small little questions..

1. When we send documents, birth certificate, etc, are photocopies acceotable. It does not state on the paperwork.

For now, that is all.

See you all on the other side!
We did the application online and then all the supporting documents can be uploaded, avoiding any need to share the originals. We didn't need a single bit of actual paper in the process.
Old May 3rd 2019, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

This is incredble, where has this been for the last 48,000 forms.

Thank you for mentioning the online process. I can see you can save it and come back to it when needed (within 30 days). Really exciting.
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The online service works perfectly. The only thing that I had to hand over at the interview was my 2018 tax returns. I was approved at interview on Tuesday.
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by civilservant
The online service works perfectly. The only thing that I had to hand over at the interview was my 2018 tax returns. I was approved at interview on Tuesday.
Congratulations!! May I ask a couple of questions:

How long did the process take?
how did the civil question part work, how many questions etc.
was the interview and questions on the same day?
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:35 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Applied 5/23/18
Interview 4/30/19
Oath ceremony likely to be in July

Atlanta is slow......

I got the first 6 right, so was not asked any beyond that.

​​​​​​​was the interview and questions on the same day?
Yes. I arrived and got a number, then was called to give fingerprints and a photo then sent back to wait. Was then called again to do civics questions and reading/writing. Finally I had to go upstairs and wait to be called for interview. Interview took no more than 15 minutes. Total time about 2 hours, 90% of which was waiting to be called.
Old May 3rd 2019, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! May I ask a couple of questions:
Processing time varies widely across the country. Mine took a little under 5 months but others have waited a year or more. As we applied at the 90-days-prior date, we became citizens 2 months after being eligible. Not sure they could do much better than that.

Applied 5/23/18
Interview 4/30/19
Oath ceremony likely to be in July

Atlanta is slow......

I got the first 6 right, so was not asked any beyond that.

Yes. I arrived and got a number, then was called to give fingerprints and a photo then sent back to wait. Was then called again to do civics questions and reading/writing. Finally I had to go upstairs and wait to be called for interview. Interview took no more than 15 minutes. Total time about 2 hours, 90% of which was waiting to be called.
My timeline is in my sig.

Did biometrics in New Orleans in October so none of that at interview.

My wife and I had appointments at the same time at every stage.

At the interview, we checked in with the front desk and sat and waited for about half an hour before being called (separately).

I sat down. He asked to see my Green Card. No other documents were requested. I had tax returns but they were not needed.

Stood and was sworn in. Then asked a few questions such as "are you a terrorist?" etc. Then moved on to the civics questions. I got 6 correct so stopped there. Was shown something to read on a tablet screen (don't remember what). Then asked to write on the tablet "We pay taxes".

That was it. Probably less than 10 minutes in the room.

He said I would be 'recommended for approval' and ceremony would be in Pensacola (but couldn't say when).

So, both of us were in and out in under an hour.
Old May 3rd 2019, 12:34 pm
Often not so civil...

I did biometrics in May 2018 also, but they did take a fingerprint and photo at the interview - not sure why, perhaps to confirm it was me?
Old May 3rd 2019, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

I did biometrics in May 2018 also, but they did take a fingerprint and photo at the interview - not sure why, perhaps to confirm it was me?
Actually, now you mention it, they took a photo and fingerprint at the check-in. Forgot about that.
Old May 4th 2019, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

When we send documents, birth certificate, etc, are photocopies acceotable.
I didn't need any supporting documents (copies or otherwise). However, I had already presented birth certificate etc. for green card.

This is incredble, where has this been for the last 48,000 forms.
Right??!!

Mine was something like apply May 2018, biometrics May 2018, interview March 2019, ceremony March 2019. This is in NYC.

Yes, interview and questions were on the same day and I was told I passed on the spot. Ceremony was a short 2 weeks later.
Old May 4th 2019, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Incredible responses in this thread. Really appreciated!

Im 3/4 of the way through the online application, gathering documents.

So heres the real question:

What prep is needed for the civil test? What do I need to know? I was a crammer back in school.
Old May 4th 2019, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

What prep is needed for the civil test? What do I need to know? I was a crammer back in school.
I wrote each of the 100 questions and answers on index cards, then each day went through them. I could answer ~60% straight away and only took a few days to get to all 100.
Old May 4th 2019, 8:43 am
Often not so civil...

Personally I knew all the answers other than 1/2 already - it’s teally just general knowledge.

The 6 I was asked where:

What territory did the US purchase from France in 1803?
How old does a citizen have to be to vote?
What is the political party of the president now?
What do we swear allegiance too when we say the pledge of allegiance?
When is the last day you can send in federal tax returns?
What is the capital of the US?
Old May 4th 2019, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Personally I knew all the answers other than 1/2 already - it’s teally just general knowledge.

The 6 I was asked where:

What territory did the US purchase from France in 1803?
How old does a citizen have to be to vote?
What is the political party of the president now?
What do we swear allegiance too when we say the pledge of allegiance?
When is the last day you can send in federal tax returns?
What is the capital of the US?
Is there a set of 100 questions, and they can only ask questions out of those 100? The best resource to find the questions?
Old May 4th 2019, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a set of 100 questions, and they can only ask questions out of those 100? The best resource to find the questions?
Yes, there is a set of 100 from which yours will be drawn. You will get a study booklet at the biometrics appointment, but you can download an electronic version any time. There is also an online interactive test tool, but it is multiple choice, whereas the real test is short answer, so use wisely.

I just read the booklet the day before. Easy-peasy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.