Citizenship awaits....

Old May 4th 2019, 3:38 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship awaits....

Originally Posted by Stribs
Is there a set of 100 questions, and they can only ask questions out of those 100? The best resource to find the questions?
Official USCIS booklet which will be given to you at the biometrics appointment is here.
Old May 4th 2019, 3:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retzie
Yes, there is a set of 100 from which yours will be drawn. You will get a study booklet at the biometrics appointment, but you can download an electronic version any time. There is also an online interactive test tool, but it is multiple choice, whereas the real test is short answer, so use wisely.

I just read the booklet the day before. Easy-peasy.
Not always ... what is easy is that you only need 6 correct answers out of 10. The one question hubby got that he always had a difficult time remembering was who was the chief justice of the supreme court. I asked him that question on the subway going down to Federal Plaza NYC for his interview and he couldn't remember. I told him Rinquest <SP>. Of course, that question was asked and he got it right.

Another question was why the Pilgrims came to the United States. He jokingly said, to get a Big Mac. The examiner laughed and then hubby gave the correct answer.
Old May 4th 2019, 3:47 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The only one I can honestly say I was worried about getting right was the one about who wrote the Federalist Papers, and that was only because the one that I could remember was Publius, and I was worried I would pronounce it so wrong that they said it was incorrect.
Old May 4th 2019, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the official practice test.

You can retake as many times as you like. Just keep going until you can consistently make 100%

There are some that are state-specific such as "Who is your senator/representative" or "Name your state capital".

https://my.uscis.gov/prep/test/civics
Old May 4th 2019, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

scopenurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad someone brought this up. Thanks for posting the info, my daughter married a US citizen and is moving over soon, once she gets her citizenship we are hoping to follow.
Old May 4th 2019, 11:50 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

just know the timeline depends on the office you have to send too

we sent in to Dallas in June 2018 (so just a few months after the poster above) and ours is estimated to be complete Oct 2020!! (so 26 months to process or so).
Old May 5th 2019, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
just know the timeline depends on the office you have to send too

we sent in to Dallas in June 2018 (so just a few months after the poster above) and ours is estimated to be complete Oct 2020!! (so 26 months to process or so).
When I filed, the estimated completion time was 15 months so take those numbers with a pinch of salt.
Old May 5th 2019, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Again, great responses and info. We have come to know patience very well in this game so the timeline isnt 100% important, ive got 10 years until I have to start knocking on the door and asking, "anything happening?".

Just finishing the online application (Seriously!! Where has this online malarly been! kudos USCIS)

We're adding last three tax returns, joint bank accounts, insurance policies together, phone bills together... I then see "additional Documents", what would come under this? Photographs? Affedavits?
Old May 11th 2019, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

MAY 9TH 2019 - Naturalization Application Complete!! What a thrill! (This isnt a timeline.. just celebrating!

"Estimated case completion - September 2020"

QUESTIONS: Could anyone give me hope that they had an estimated date, but it actually came sooner?
Old May 11th 2019, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MAY 9TH 2019 - Naturalization Application Complete!! What a thrill! (This isnt a timeline.. just celebrating!

"Estimated case completion - September 2020"

QUESTIONS: Could anyone give me hope that they had an estimated date, but it actually came sooner?
My original 'estimated' date was November 2019. What's more, it STILL shows an 'estimated completion date' of August 2019... Two months after our ceremony.

So, unless there are complications, expect it to be sooner.
Old May 11th 2019, 8:06 am
Often not so civil...

My estimated completion is November, I will be sworn in next week.
Old May 11th 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ha thanks for the response.. ill get studying.

(I understand all timelines differ by case, i feel someones ready to throw that in here)
Old May 11th 2019, 9:19 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Ha thanks for the response.. ill get studying.

(I understand all timelines differ by case, i feel someones ready to throw that in here)
where do you live, that seems to be the biggest factor in how long it takes. I am in CT, applied in August last year and am going for interview this coming week.
Old May 12th 2019, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht

where do you live, that seems to be the biggest factor in how long it takes. I am in CT, applied in August last year and am going for interview this coming week.
Philly
Old Jun 5th 2019, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Biometeics done... my end date has changed from Sept 2020 to March 2020. Woop woop. I guess i just sit tight now... my life isnt complete if I am not waiting for USCIS to tell me my next move!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.