Child of an Immediate Relative

Old May 17th 2019, 2:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child of an Immediate Relative

Originally Posted by Charlie Hopeful
Hey Nutmegger, I'm 18 and am seen as an adult here in Australia. I've got a full time job and can support myself, so I don't think it would be right to guilt them into not going. They have faith in me to be able to handle myself, and they have full Australian citizenship should anything require them to return. I see what you're saying though, and I'll admit my mum is apprehensive about leaving me. Que sera, sera
Nice response. All the best to you.
Old May 17th 2019, 5:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child of an Immediate Relative

Originally Posted by Charlie Hopeful
Hey Nutmegger, I'm 18 and am seen as an adult here in Australia. I've got a full time job and can support myself, so I don't think it would be right to guilt them into not going. They have faith in me to be able to handle myself, and they have full Australian citizenship should anything require them to return. I see what you're saying though, and I'll admit my mum is apprehensive about leaving me. Que sera, sera
Interesting to read that viewpoint, both of you and of your parents; as one who was virtually forced to stand on her own two feet from the age of 16 I have long believed that the majority of young people can look after themselves at your age.
However its quite common to read the opposite on forums like this one, parents who won't even emigrate if it means leaving a 25 year old, or even 30 year old "child" to fend for themselves.
Good luck to you!