Child GC

Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:21 am
Just Joined

darklady109 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child GC

Hi All, I recently allplied to have conditions removed from the GC's of myself and my 2 kids ( aged 16 and 9 ) my 16 year old and I have had our biometrics letter and appointments, and therefore our GC extention letter, however my 9 year old has not recieved hers yet and the GC ran out a few days ago, any suggestions as to what I can do about this? is this a major problem or minor dificulty? thank you all for being so helpful so far.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:24 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Default Re: Child GC

Originally Posted by darklady109
Hi All, I recently allplied to have conditions removed from the GC's of myself and my 2 kids ( aged 16 and 9 ) my 16 year old and I have had our biometrics letter and appointments, and therefore our GC extention letter, however my 9 year old has not recieved hers yet and the GC ran out a few days ago, any suggestions as to what I can do about this? is this a major problem or minor dificulty? thank you all for being so helpful so far.
Almost 99% of the time, if the child is under 14 he/she will not require the biometrics. I suspect you also, correctly, did not pay the extra biometrics fee for this child. (The form says to include the extra $$ for those 14-79 years old)
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I actually did pay for it since when we where applying first time when she was 6 she had to get biometrics ( everything except signiture ) so I didn't want to take the chance.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darklady109
Hi, I actually did pay for it since when we where applying first time when she was 6 she had to get biometrics ( everything except signiture ) so I didn't want to take the chance.

Why didn't you just take the child with you when you got your appointment letter? They would have done the bio on the child without a letter.

I would suggest you call the misinformation line, 1-800-xxx, and ask to speak with a supervisor and request an appointment letter for the child.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:22 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
Why didn't you just take the child with you when you got your appointment letter? They would have done the bio on the child without a letter.

I would suggest you call the misinformation line, 1-800-xxx, and ask to speak with a supervisor and request an appointment letter for the child.

Since the application did not request Biometric fee for the child, and the instructions indicate that Biometrics are not required for those under 14, If it was me I would be confident that the notice was not received because the Biometrics are not required, as the instructions indicate.

Since the notice is NOT expected, I would not worry. The notice is not "missing", since he wasn't supposed to get one.

I would call as suggested, to check, (specially to see what you can do about the fee. Maybe get it back ?), but It makes perfect sense that this Biometric notice would not be sent, since he does not need it, per instructions on fees , and based on age per the form's instructions.

Call and Check, but do not worry or loose any sleep over the "lack" of this notice.

Best of luck.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I actually did take her with us when my sons was getting done on December 1st but they said they could do nothing without her letter, I sent the money because she had to have the biometrics 2 years ago even though she was only 6 then so I figured it was safer to loose $80 than to create problems by not including her. I will call the misinformation line today, Thank You.